Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Monday night I carved pumpkins with a few of my siblings.


As you can tell, my family is incredibly photogenic. :)
(Please note that those three didn't have school that day which is why they look like trash!)
I'd like you to know that this was one of the first times I think I've attempted something other than triangle eyes and a toothy grin and I don't think it turned out too terrible.

I did the sweet witch, Jenny carved all four sides of hers, Brad did the wolf, and Daniel carved the Jordan School District logo hoping to cause some controversy about an issue on the ballot next week of WJ becoming it's own school district! Afterwards, we were looking through the costume box and probably enjoyed ourselves too much...


As for the wonderful tradition of dressing up, I decided to be an Arab! (said A-Rab, like in 'Huck Finn') :) After the most amazing trip to Egypt and Israel this summer, I had to show off a few of my purchases! I got the headress for "one dallah" at the pyramids of Giza and the sequined yellow shirt from the Suez Canal and I had on my Jerusalem Cruiser sandals. I've worn the yellow shirt a couple times and gotten everything from 'that's awesome' to 'that's retarded'. (I regret to say that I haven't worn the headress in public much...) :) And, of course, I went trick-or-treating. (You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!) I had five houses on my list and made it to four and had some great chats with some neighborhood friends. Then I waited in my sincere pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin to show up. :) "Three things you don't bring up in polite conversations: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

4 comments:

Josh & Megs said...

Oh my goodness girl..looking good!! I need to post the pics of our pumpkins...Josh's is so good!
Hey...I tagged you! look at my blog to see what I mean!

WX Ences said...

Joe always teases me because I use the word 'siblings'. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that is what you call them!!!!

I love the pumpkins! Carving pumpkins is a favorite tradition of mine. We've started getting pretty into it. My favorite was a few years ago when I did George W. It was an incredible likeness...I should dig up that pic.

Great yellow shirt by-the-way. I would totally wear it.

clay and jordan said...

You are SO that Halloween Queen!

clint-o-bean said...

I like the pictures! And I must say your family is talented with pumpkin carving. I also like how someone else called you the Halloween Queen. It rhymes and what a compliment - because Halloween is just one of the most fun holidays ever.