Just a few of the festivities....
Saturday, December 29, 2007
A friend suggested the book “The Anatomy of Peace” by the Arbinger Institute to me. It was incredible. It was all about how we see and treat other people. It gave me some questions to ask every time I meet someone. Such as:
*What are this person's or people's challenges, trials, burdens, and pains?
*How am I, or some group of which I am a part, adding to these challenges, trials, burdens, and pains?
*In what other ways have I or my group neglected or mistreated this person or group?
*In what ways are my better-than, I-deserve, worse-than, and must-be-seen-as boxes obscuring the truth about others and myself and interfering with potential solutions?
*What am I feeling I should do for this person or group? What could I do to help?
Every time we have a prompting to do something we can either betray or honor the sense. I hope to become better at honoring the sense so that I don't have to rationalize my actions.
I highly suggest this book... it is full of goodness!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine, oh night when Christ was born…
In all our trials born to be our friend.
He knows our need, to our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before Him lowly bend!...
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
And in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all us within us praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! O praise His name forever,
His power and glory evermore proclaim!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Words can’t even describe how much I want the insanity of children in my life! You would think that experiences like this would make me glad that they could be years away, but instead it makes me want them more. Kids are so awesome!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Chose to feel the light and love of the Savior. –Eyring
True happiness is found only in making others happy. –Monson
Lighten the burdens of others. We need to increase our love and let it permeate our lives. -Hinckley
* If Christ came tonight, to whom would He come?
* Our purpose is to help the spiritual condition of each person we meet.
* “If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead.” –William Law
* “There is an answer to the passionate longings of the heart for fullness… live in all things outside yourself by love, and you will have joy. That is the life of God; it ought to be our life.” –Robert Browning
* Instead of worrying so much about getting the perfect gifts, give gifts that will leave memories.
* Never underestimate the power you have to cause someone to feel the power of the restoration.
* Reach out and touch others through your testimony and quiet acts of service.
* The star of Bethlehem is the only way to find happiness. Keep your eye on the star.
I really do love this gospel... there is only good in it!
And I'm so excited for this holiday season!