Wednesday, January 23, 2008

$227 million


After four years and $227 million dollars, we have our State Capital back! I do have to say that we have one of the most beautiful capital buildings in America. And since some of the product I sell was part of the renovation, of course I went to check out the Open House!

This is my favorite picture that I took. I think it's the perspective lines that make me happy. Good ol' perspective drawing days!

This was my favorite room. It's the "Reception Room". Talk about POSH!


And this picture makes me feel small.


Does $227 million seem like a lot to anyone else? My question is... how much of my money paid for this renovation? :)

4 comments:

Josh & Megs said...

227 Mil!!! That's crazy! Well, at least it looks cool, ha.

WX Ences said...

Joe and I took the kids to see the renovations (the Capitol Building has always been pretty special to us because we lived right behind it for the first three years we were married). I thought they did a beautiful job and it was breathtakingly beautiful, but I am not sure how I feel about the expense....the jury is still out for me on whether or not it was worth it.

I love the pic of the elevator full of wedding dress models....good puffy times....ha ha ha....that's funny!!!

Aliese Fry said...

I'm with you...The State Capitol is one of my most favorite buildings! I always loved going to Prom because I felt like royalty walkin' down those stairs in a really pretty, froofy dress.

M said...

FINALLY with a capital F (no pun intended!) I ditto that, it is beautiful...and did I ever tell you the time Gwen (jen teitsel now oliver) and I snuck in the construction zone to do her bridal pics...eek!