Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Roadtrip! #3!

No School on President's Day for Aaron = Roadtrip to Be With His Family!

We left Friday morning and started the 7ish hour trip down to Pagosa Springs, CO. It was a beautiful drive and didn't seem as long as it was. During parts of it, I read him a chapter of his health class about cardiovascular disease and then asked him a bunch of Economics questions. It was a beautiful drive.












We got there and went to high school to watch the basketball games. I found that the high school sports are a HUGE part of their lives.










On Saturday I was given the tour of the little city. In winter the population is about 10,000 and the summer about 25,000. The city is named for the hot springs that are in it. I can't lie... it REEKED!! If you know the Yellowstone Sulfer Smell that's what it's like. "Pagosa" means "healing" in Ute so a lot of tourists come here to sit in the waters and get healed, I guess. The mound behind Ronski and I is a huge sulfur mound thing. Then we came home and played in the snow. His parents have never seen this much snow and they've lived there over 20 years! In fact, school has been closed 7 times already! This is how deep it was...











It had been a warm week before we got there, but a week before that all they could see of the truck was top of the antennae! Aaron and his brother Ryan snowboarded down ramps they made while I recorded them and kept my dignity. :) We got some good sledding in too. I have probably watched these videos 40 times or more already and they make me laff.

The boys did have some really good runs, but these are the videos that make me laff so I thought I would post them instead. This one shows Aaron's grace. :)


video

And here was Ryan's last run. He was in A LOT of pain the next couple days and gave himself a huge gash on his forehead...

video

And this is a neighbor kid named Owen who was a little weird... :) See all the holes around him? He made all those too. He probably did this like 50 times. I was laffing so hard.

video

Sunday we went to their small little ward. There were only 15 ladies in Relief Society! The cool thing is that the church is true no matter where you are! We came home and feasted and then Aaron took me to Wolf Creek. It's a mountain pass that was closed a few weeks ago because of all the avalanches from too much snow.













Monday we drove home through a different mountain pass. We went through Durango, Silverton, and Ouray. There is a really cool train that goes through them. It was another beautiful drive.



It was a really great weekend. Stress-free, fun, going new places, meeting new people, and being with someone I really enjoy.

7 comments:

Colby and Meredith Christensen said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love road trips! In fact, Colby and I are going on one in May. I'm super excited!

Dawn said...

That looks like it was a ton of fun!! I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy yourself. I think you're AWESOME!!!!

Aliese Fry said...

SO PRETTY! I love the Colorado scenery, especially in the winter. So...this Aaron boy...is he like your boyfriend? Becky, I feel as though I deserve a little background info here.

LeBaron Family said...

How fun!!! The videos made me laffe so hard!!! Thanks for sharing!
The pictures are gorgeous! I'm bit jealous of all that snow!

Shan&Andrew said...

Hey girl! Awesome pictures!!!

M said...

great great pictures...makes me CRAVE a roadtrip!!! looks like such a FUN FUN weekend. and i must say, you two are quite the match...you look stellar together ;o)

jkmoss3 said...

AHHHHH it makes me all giddy inside. Fresh love!!!!! am I allowed to post that on the internet? It may be a little embaressing for a min, but I know you like it!!!!!!!! YAH!