Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break!

My siblings had Spring Break last week so my family went down south. Ronski and I were able to go down and meet them Friday afternoon and stay with them until Sunday. It was SUCH a wonderful, much-needed break.

I honestly shrieked with joy when I saw these trees lining the road! There is hope for SPRING!!!











That afternoon, we went to a park in Springdale to celebrate the warmth! I can't tell you how exciting it was to be WARM in a short-sleeved shirt! I have to add in the picture of Aaron on the slide because it makes me laff every time I look at it! We played some beach volleyball, tennis, football, and then rode off into the sunset on a dinosaur! :) It wsa SO marvelous to be outside. I seriously am obsessing about how great it was.











And how about this for the view from the hotel?!?
















The coolest thing we did on Saturday was hike Angel's Landing. You know it's going to be a great hike when the trail starts with a sign like this! The trail starts at ground level and there are switchbacks for a couple miles and then there is a section called "Walter's Wiggles". There are over 20 switchbacks in a row that are like 20 feet each. Those take you to the top of the rock on the left side of the second picture. From there you have to climb down and back up the "saddle" between the rock on the left and the rock in the middle. There are chains to hold onto for that part. At times the trail is only about three feet wide and there are 1000 + foot dropoffs on both sides!! There is only one way up and back so you also have to climb over the people going the opposite way of you! It was SUCH an incredible hike... definitely one of the coolest I've ever done.

Here are a couple pictures of the saddle. In the picture on the right, you can see the narrow strip you have to climb to make it to the top. And on the left is Ronski and I hanging on for dear life!





And here are a couple views from the top. Talk about cool.













Here's all of us that made it to the top! (Minus my dad who showed up like a minute later!) Gotta love Brad's pose...


After that, Aaron and I went on another hike to some waterfalls. Of course they were gorgeous.













And just because I was amazed by the beauty...









Saturday night we randomly decided to drive down to St. George to see the temple! It was gorgeous. Sunday morning we went to the Springdale Ward and enjoyed Easter. And somehow the Easter Bunny found us!

On our way back on Sunday we stopped at Cove Fort. I really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about the Hinckley family and how they always did whatever the prophet or Lord asked of them. Brigham Young asked Ira Hinckley to construct this fort as a stopping place for the telegraph, mail, and travelers.


I do realize I've been incredibly picture happy during this post, but what can I say? I love them!

Here is the kitchen where the Hinckley family had new visitors every night. And I like this bed because of the quilt. I just might have to try to make one like that.


I really did feel a peace here. It was a calm refuge.








Well, if you can't tell, I LOVED the weekend. Love, love, LOVED it!

12 comments:

BECKY said...

So no matter what I do I can't get it to post like I ask it to. The words go in weird places and the lines split up weird. Am I retarded or what?

Do any of you have suggestions for how I can not have retarded-looking posts!!???

Josh & Megs said...

oh what i would give to have hot weather!
i have that same issue as well with the words and pictures...i think blogspot just needs to work on it.

Aliese Fry said...

Yeah, words and pictures just do that. That's why I've started just scrapbookin' them and makin' 'em large. In other news, I can't believe you were down here and you didn't come say hi! Bitter... :)

Mike and Lisa said...

How fun! We've been dying to take a nice warm hike forever and I think your post finally did me in! Oh and I must say...you and Ronski make the cutest couple, he seriously looks like he could be your brother...but you know what they say about couples like that! ;)

Dawn said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! I get to go to Zions for the first time next month. So, your pictures were enlightening. Thanks for sharing!!

Julie Lewis said...

I think the posts look good, I never noticed the words in weird places. I am glad you guys had fun! We went to Zions for our Honeymoon and Angels Landing was intense! Jeff wanted to take Kate! Just the thought makes me scared! I am glad it was a good weekend though, we missed you guys at church!

Julie Lewis said...

Did I ever tell you that we loved Jeopardy the other night? That was so fun (even if I couldn't answer one question right!) I think we will have to have a second Jeopardy.

clay and jordan said...

I'm so happy to read about your weekend. Look how cute you and Aaron are! I love all the pics of you two. Precious!!

WX Ences said...

Love the pics, love the post...good times!!!

DaNae said...

Sounds like an awesome break! And btw, you and Aaron are so cute together. Okay, how do you get your pictures to go side by side like that?? Your posts look good, no worries.

Colby and Meredith said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! And P to the S...you are Aaron are so cute together!

Anonymous said...

You are making me miss St.George! LOVE it! Mitch and I hiked angel's landing for spring break last year. way fun. did you guys make it all the way to the top?

-Cami