Monday, March 31, 2008

A Tribute

Dear Snow,

I would like to take a minute to tell you how much I appreciate you. You made this winter an actual winter! Previously we’ve had one or two good storms and that’s it. But this year you’ve blessed us with numerous huge storms! I’m SO grateful that we received the amount of moisture we did so that we don’t have to worry about a drought. And thank you for the new inches of fresh snow we woke up to this morning… what a pleasant surprise!

As grateful as I am for you, I must say that you’ve had your glory and it’s time to stop. Please note that tomorrow is April and snow should have been long gone a month or more ago. We’ve all put our snow shovels, sweaters, and car scrapers away.

Again, thank you for the enjoyment you brought many snowboarders, skiers, and snowman-makers and we’d love to see you back next December.

Sincerely,
BECKY

5 comments:

Colby and Meredith said...

Oh my goodness...this post was so funny! And to this I have to say- ditto!!

Mike and Lisa said...

haha- thats probably what I would've said too...although I think I was a bit grumpier this morning when I saw that Snow had returned!

WX Ences said...

That was very well written! I don't think my letter to snow would have been half so kind. I actually went to the TREMENDOUS effort of shaving my legs Saturday because it was so beautiful and sunny outside. I woke up Sunday to cloudy skies and snowy ground and went to church with chicken skin and I'm quite confident my leg hairs have grown three inches because of it. What a waste.....[sniff, sniff] (this is me crying and waiting patiently for your sympathy for the pain and hardship I endured, just to be wasted because of SNOW!!!)

Anyhow, that's about what my letter to snow would have said, with a few other choice words I don't think are appropriate for innocent bystanders! We got another three inches or so this morning....so sad!

Dawn said...

I APPROVE!!!! That was awesome!! Thanks for giving me a laugh at 7 a.m.

Julie Lewis said...

Amen