Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Where's Waldo?

Last night for mutual we had the 2nd Annual 'Where’s Waldo?' in the mall. Eight of the leaders dressed up and walked around and the youth had to find us. Last year I had the best idea and best outfit. This was me last year:



I shouldn't be prideful, but I am still SO proud of how good I looked. I even "accidentally" bumped into my own brother and he didn’t recognize me! I knew there was no way I could compete with last year but I still wanted to try. Instead of switching my race, I switched my gender. :)

I borrowed some clothes from a neighbor, plastered my hair to my head and wore a wig. I tried to disguise my face by darking my eyebrows, adding a little bit of a five-o-clock shadow, and by giving myself a serious acne outbreak with a red pencil. Of course I had to have 'the walk', had to pull up my pants every step I took and carried a “don’t mess with me because I'm too cool for you" attitude.


I still think I am the femmiest-looking guy out there, but I stumped quite a few of the kids and even had a girl tell me that she had considered hitting on me… yikes! We did have a few people who kept watching us and finally asked us what in the world we were doing. They found it pretty entertaining. One guy told us that his first thought of seeing us talking together was "They must be from out of town."!!!


It was a fun night and the kids laffed pretty hard at our outfits. I'm pretty sure there was no spiritual aspect to this activity... :) unless something like "good leaders are hard to find"?!

16 comments:

Julie Lewis said...

I never did see last years picture, that was really good! What good times!

LeBaron Family said...

LOVE IT! It turned out well!!!

Aliese Fry said...

That's fabulous! Becky, despite what you say, you are NOT a femmie boy! Holy crap. You definitely pull off the male persona well in the photo. Good job!

Mike and Lisa said...

oh my gosh I LOVE this idea. I'm totally using it for a mutual activity in my ward. hahaha.

Jessie said...

That is hilarious! You really do make a good boy in that close-up... wow. I'll have to remember this for the next time I'm put in with the youth.

Josh & Megs said...

these pictures crack me up!

Anna Hill said...

Becky! That is the greatest thing I have ever heard of! Hee hee... I will smile for the rest of my life now. :)

clay and jordan said...

I must admit that last year's get-up was hilarious...but this year's gender change is right up there. You never fail to completely crack me up, Beckster!

M said...

that is seriously the best idea i've ever heard of. you look incredible! i don't know if i'd recognize you! this makes my day!

Colby and Meredith said...

That is so cool! You totally pulled off the whole looking like a guy thing. In your full body shots of both years you did the Waldo thing, you totally look like a manaquin!!(how do I spell that?) Anyway, you did a fantastic job!

Dawn said...

AWESOME!!!! Those are some amazing disguises. I'm very impressed!!!

jkmoss3 said...

hahahahahaha... I .... HAHAHA

WX Ences said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!! That was absolutely hilarious! I think it's awesome you guys do fun activities like that. I would have loved doing that as a young woman...very creative!

Anonymous said...

Becky-Love the blog and the pictures-I better see you on Saturday!!

-Cami

WX Ences said...

Will you be my valentine and buzz away with me? We'll bumble on together, cuz you're my honeybee. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Those are the lyrics for his song. I love the way he says together....too cute!

I put this on there, but didn't put it in right....I'm somewhat sleep deprived and a few braincells short! (Ali has the stomach flu...stuff out of both ends....yuck....)

Deann H. said...

woah, great disguise!! I LOVE the idea, if i'm ever a mutual leader i'll have to copy your activity!