Thursday, April 24, 2008

I WON!!!!!!!

In the past week I have received at least 31 of these types of messages:

"Attention:On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. JürgeKrügger. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Jürge Krügger made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$30,100.000.00) to you in his WILL.This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job. I hope to hear from you in no distant time."
Or
"We happily announce to you the draw of the BRITISH WEB LOTTERY. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £750,000.00 {Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great Britain pounds Sterlings} in cash."

I had previously ignored all these messages but now that I've recorded how popular I really am and how much people I don't even know love me and how I'm winning contests I didn't even enter, why in the world would I keep ignoring these!?! I could retire for life this very second! I could take every single one of you on a trip of your choice. I could own an elephant! Life is looking really good!

Okay so on a more serious note. Does anyone else get SO freaking sick of these messages??!! I can't believe I got that many in one week! (And I even quit my list after a few days!) I can't lie though, the sentences like, "this may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true" do at least make me crack a smile.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Apparently I'm not as popular as you are because I don't get anywhere near that many, but they do make me smile because they are so ridiculous! What makes it even funnier is the crazy amount of people who fall for things like this!

Aliese Fry said...

I got a few last week but it's actually been quite awhile since I've been SPAMMED!

Mike and Lisa said...

I got a phone call last week (a recording) saying I won a 5 day vacation to Florida from a contest "I entered" a year ago. I was so confused thinking "What contest was that?" After listening to their shpeal for about 5 minutes they finally got to the bottom of things and admitted I had to "attend meetings and listen to lectures" aka...buy their stuff in order to get the trip. Annoying!

LeBaron Family said...

I get at LEAST 5 of those a day. They drive me NUTZ!!!!!!!

Angie said...

Maybe you really won! Did you ever think of that? After all, you come from two very lucky parents, who entered a drawing for a bike and won a trip to Europe... remember?

shan & andrew said...

A year ago I got an email from a lawyer in Arabia telling me my long lost 5th cousin, twice removed, died and I was the last living relative who could inherit his trillion dollars. All I needed to do was send my social security number, account number, and photo id to claim it, which I did in an instant. Technically I'm a trillionaire, but it's taken them kinda a long time to get me my money...hmm.....

Julie Lewis said...

The sad thing is every time I get one of these, I get my hopes up, and I make Jeff dream with me and we say what we would do if we won _______ (insert $ amount here)It is kind of fun.