Monday, April 28, 2008

Tiptoeing thru the Tulips

I can't lie; I love to drag Aaron with me to things like the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. We went on Saturday and it was windy and a bit chilly, but it was still nice to be outside walking around. In all honesty, the gardens were just decent. There were quite a few tulips, but we were told that most of them haven't even bloomed because of how stinking cold it has been! I did enjoy myself, but was a bit disappointed at the price for barely anything to be in bloom. Just realize you are looking at pictures of JUST the bloom... there were acres and acres of no bloom. Warning: this is going to be a picture happy post!

The grounds are INCREDIBLE, but would have looked really great if all of the plants weren't dead!


Oh and since it was called the Tulip Festival, I guess I'll share some pictures of flowers!




And I had to get a "senior portrait". :)

I threatened Ronski that I'd put this up... :)


Lastly, here is me and mi amor. Warning: this post turns PG...


16 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow, Becky, that PG pic... do we need to have a chat? :) Looks like you guys are having a blast.

Josh & Megs said...

oh my goodness! i am excited about that last picture! updates please! ha.
I love Thanksgiving Point! I always wanted Josh and I to get pics there but still none, sad. Maybe I can convince him once we have the baby!

clay and jordan said...

You're becoming quite the photographer! I love the last two pictures, of course. :) Next weekend a little dutch town in Iowa is having their annual Tulip Festival and apparently its huge. I can't find anybody to go with since Clay will be studying for finals...so I might just go myself.

I'm glad you went and had a good time!

LeBaron Family said...

Cuteness all over it!
Those pictures are GORGEOUS!
Kudos! ;)

Scott and Courtney said...

Ooh la la!! All I want to know is who's the president of the VL club now?!?!

Christiansens said...

We went to the tulip festival earlier this month and it is so pretty. It looks like no VL club for you lol :). GOod times. I just barely read Courtneys comment, how funny that we both thought of the same thing.

Aliese Fry said...

LoL I love the PGness...Can I just share that tulips are my most favorite flower in the world? I'm a bit jealous. Tulips have already bloomed and died down here...That's probably the ONE thing I don't enjoy about the warm weather.

Colby and Meredith said...

Ow Ow Becky! Love the pics.

The Squires said...

Love the pics! We were so close to going to the tulip festival on Saturday, we should have got together. Anyway, I did get to see Shanda! I got to be her nurse for a little bit and little Abby is so cute! Anyway, keep me updated on everything! :)

shan & andrew said...

LOVE the picture of you! And I love Thanksgiving Point gardens! Andrew took me there for our 1 year dating anniversary and I loved it!

Aliese Fry said...

@ Becky--
Scroll down to the Blog Archive and check the "Wedding Memories" post. It was posted on 1-25-2008. There's a picture of my engagement ring on it...I have a wedding band and an "unofficial" anniversary band as well that I wear now. I'll post a picture of the "combo" for you one day.

Julie Lewis said...

I love this, it looks so pretty! The Senior picture is great and I love the kissing one--so romantic!

Parkinson Fam said...

Great scenery photos! Darling picture of you! Cute blog!

Parkinson Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parkinson Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew and Hillary said...

Sooo cute!