Monday, April 21, 2008

True Cougars

We decided it was high time that we became True Cougars and climb to the Y! But by the time we were together on Saturday it was insanely windy so we decided against it and just went on a drive instead. Well, we ended up driving to the base of the trail. And then we decided to just go for a few minutes and see how it was! Well, once we started we didn't stop! It was a pretty decent little hike, especially with the whipping wind! When we finally got a view of it, it didn't even dawn on me that it was the Y... I thought it was remnants of snow!! (I'm blaming that on the terrible visibility... I hope it wasn't my eyes!)


Here was our awesome view once we got up there...


Go ahead. Be jealous. :)

And here we are. Two True Cougars!















We found this bomb shelter on the way back. We tried to hide from the wind but unfortunatley it was locked. Bummer!



We might not have had a great view, but we had a blast anyway. We definitely want to do it again. Next time we'll take a romantic picnic and watch the sun set. :)

9 comments:

M said...

what a view!!!! Lol, i love that hike. definitely much better with a picnic, clear sky, and sunset though!

Aloha_Misty said...

What is a true cougar? It is the same as a true aggie?

Aliese Fry said...

My question is the same as Misty's...Does this "True Cougar" aspect compare to the "True Aggie" or the "True Rebel" (the one at Dixie)? Because if so and you're just beatin' around the bush--YAY! I'll be so proud...If not, I think you should get on it!

Josh & Megs said...

wow, I didn't even know you could do that. way to go!

Colby and Meredith said...

I bet that was tough with the wind we had on Saturday. Well done!

Angie said...

You hiked the Y! I remember doing it years ago, and that it was the hardest hike in the world. ;)

Kristin said...

Nice! I hiked the Y once, my freshman year, and I thought I was going to die. I was on a date so I was trying to act like I was in shape but couldn't talk because I couldn't breathe. Good times!

Julie Lewis said...

Yeah, do you have to kiss on the y? I want to become a true cougar--time for a trip to Provo!

Matthew and Hillary said...

You should try laying upside down on the Y sometime. Pretty cool...just don't fall off the mountain when you do it. :)