Friday, April 4, 2008

Willow Park Zoo

A Ham (yet another nickname) and I headed up to Logan last weekend. We checked out this zoo which cost one dollar... it was worth about that much. :)

I think a better name for the zoo would have been aviary because there were pretty much only birds! FYI, there were many signs saying that these birds were hurt in the wild and that none of them had had their wings clipped or anything. (Just in case any of you animal activists were worried!)














The eagle NEVER moved from that position. I began to wonder if he was stuffed...

I thought the owl had a really cool "exhibit". I liked his old-time telephone pole. FYI, he is on the top of the pole.






















This, however, was my favorite animal...




WHO DOES THAT!!!???


For some reason, I have a strange attachment to this carrot bat that I got Aaron for Easter. I held it for hours straight... including the zoo. I tried to stir things up a bit and get the animals to come and eat it, but only one took me up on the offer. (Please see below) Then I got kicked out. I guess they are serious about the signs that say "Don't Feed the Animals". Oh well. Good times. :)



2 comments:

Angie said...

Are you kidding me?!? Pet Rock?

WX Ences said...

That looks like it was a very...ummmm....interesting zoo?!?! It does sound as though you had a good time!

About the post below....ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?!?!??! Who in their right mind would do that? How many people have fallen off? I am TERRIFIED of heights...I'd rather give birth a few million more times than do that....insanity!!!!