Wednesday, May 14, 2008

work and weekend

Last week at work we completely emptied our showroom and redid it with a new line we have called MALIK. They are a reproduction company for many classics. Some of you may not care, but I'm pretty sure anyone who went into interior design with me will like these. Some of my faves that we brought in are the Tulip and Mackintosh chairs...















The Smile and the BRNO...














The Florence Knoll and the Mies Pavillion...











And the best for last... this Corbu Lounge is my absolute favorite. You can move the frame back and forth so you can be in any position. It is genius and oh so comfortable.



Changing out the showroom was awesome, but also a lot of work. Friday was a TERRIBLE day at work. Everything went wrong and at 4:00 things were looking bleak. I still had two huge projects to do, but I wanted to go home! As I sat paying bills on the verge of tears, a call came in. The person announced themselves as someone I've previously worked with, but told an unbelievable story that sent me into an awkward silence. It sounded like Aaron, but I didn't dare say anything. He's never called my work, nor has he ever been to my work so I kept debating back and forth if I trusted my ears that it was him. After a long silence I finally said, "Are you serious?" He said yes and I was silent again and then Aaron walked through the door! My day changed totally around and he helped me finish my projects. It was SO awesome of him to surprise me. We spent that evening walking all around Salt Lake and eating Greek food. It was a perfect evening. Saturday we climbed Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon and fixed his bike tire. Sunday I showed up to church, sat by my family, and then Aaron came and sat by me! Two surprises in one weekend!?! It was marvelous. We spent the day eating, playing games, reading, napping, and going for a drive. It was such a great weekend.

15 comments:

Aliese Fry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aliese Fry said...

I'm so glad you had an enjoyable weekend. Isn't it awesome how just one tiny thing can change a really crappy day into a great one?

M said...

i'm so proud of you for actually working in the ID field! And...love that you had 2 lovely surprises in one weekend!

Josh & Megs said...

I love that furniture!!!
I am happy Aaron made your day so much better!

WX Ences said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

The furniture, on the other hand, looks as though it could be easily destroyed....not sexy. I've got to admit, although extremely trendy looking, I'm not much into such things. If it isn't COMPLETELY practical, it probably isn't for me. My kids would destroy that stuff...or die trying!!!

clay and jordan said...

What a wonderful weekend. You deserve such fun and sweet surprises. :)

Christiansens said...

How cute of him to do all those nice things. I need to hear more about this boy, do I hear wedding bells? :)

Mike and Lisa said...

Okay so I totally drive by your work on my way home everyday. I saw two of those chairs in the window, they are pretty awesome!

Mike and Lisa said...

Okay so I totally drive by your work on my way home everyday. I saw two of those chairs in the window, they are pretty awesome!

Julie Lewis said...

Aaron really scored big last weekend! I love surprises!

The Squires said...

are these signs of things to come??

Aloha_Misty said...

He's a keeper!

Rachel Theurer said...

Love the chairs!!! Hopefully people other than those in the ID appreciate them too.

Andrea J said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad I tracked you down. That new line looks pretty interesting - how is Design Source anyway?

Colby and Meredith said...

I love surprises! Sounds like you found yourself a good one Becks!