Monday, May 19, 2008

Stimulate This!

When I first heard the news about the Economic Stimulus Plan, I just figured I would save it. But the more I thought about it, I realized that was totally not what I should do. I needed to spend it and do as President Bush has asked. If it doesn't work, oh well... it was pretty much free money anyway and I did my part to try to help out! (And I encourage all of you to do likewise, if possible!) I kept thinking and thinking of what I should get with it and finally decided that all my wildest dreams would come true if I went to LAGOON!!! I'm REALLY stoked about it and hopefully we'll go soon and have the time of our lives! And I'm sure that as a reader, the thought of Lagoon is not exciting at all. Well pretty much everyone I've told has acted that same way. But, no worries, I will be going to Lagoon, and gosh darn it, I will have fun!
Anyway, a few weeks later I came up with something else I wanted to get with my stimulus. When I told my family, they were much more excited about my spending choice! So, the stimulus came, and I am now a proud owner of a Diamondback Outlook Bike!


Please say hello to..... Bike! (It took me three days to come up with that name...)




Thus far, Bike and I have gone on a ride pretty much every night. I'm really hoping for a long ride on a trail this weekend. I haven't had my own bike since I was really young, so I'm pretty stoked about it. Hopefully Bike and I will ride into the sunset together for many years to come!

15 comments:

Aliese Fry said...

I'm loving the name; very original! And I don't think you're crazy at all for wanting to go to Lagoon! I think it's a fantastic place; not QUITE the most magical place on Earth (like Disneyland), but it's close.

Angie said...

I'm happy to hear that someone is actually able to use the stimulus check on something other than energy bills and gas for their car! Way to go, Beck!

Aloha_Misty said...

Bike is SWEET!

Andrea J said...

I too have great love for my bike, congrats!

DaNae said...

I totally want a bike. I have one, but ben says it is too ghetto to ride in public!! Lagoon sounds fun too though.

Scott and Courtney said...

I am so jealous that you are going to Lagoon!!! I haven't been there for a long time. I wanted to go last year, but I was pregnant, so I wouldn't have been able to much except ride the train! My sister is taking her little girl this summer, and I'm hoping I'll be able to go with her! Go and have a good time!!

Cami and Mitch said...

i love reading your posts, they are so clever and well written! congrats to you and bike :)

WX Ences said...

Nice Bike...I still don't have my own bike. I want one with the little car seat on back though...wouldn't be able to go anywhere without one anyways!

clay and jordan said...

We love bike!

Christiansens said...

What a great name for it. You have encouraged me to spend my check, now I have to decide what to buy hmmmm.... a new wardrobe sounds good for me?

Colby and Meredith said...

I was just telling Colby the other day that I wanted to go to Lagoon this year too! Congrats on the new bike!

M said...

LoL, I love you!

Julie Lewis said...

I love the new bike and I love the name! We will have to go on some bike rides! I have a little trailer for Kate, we love them! That is such a fun purchase!

Matthew and Hillary said...

Becky, you're quite the photographer! How did I not know this about you? Nice Bike. :) Nice name.

P.S. You've almost convinced me to start my own blog. Now I just have to find the time to do something with my blog site.

Deann H. said...

Awesome! I gotta get in the habit of bike riding again, I rode it all the time before kids. LOL E. can ride in the trailer when she turns 1. :)