Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Beautiful City


We spent all day walking around Jerusalem!


The Wailing Wall,
the pools of Bethesda,
kids with guns,
the Dome of the Rock,
the various gates,
eating a schwarma,
the Via Dolorosa,
the Upper Room,
Caiaphas's
Palace,
the steps from the City of David,
the scourging room,
nasty internet cafes,
checking out Israeli men...

it was an awesome day!





That night we went to a restaurant where I was given my cake with a firework in it. :) Hopefully I'll get a missle this year!

7 comments:

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BECKY!! Sorry, but I got you something other than a missle for your gift. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it more than a missle though!

Dawn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a stellar day!!!

The Biggers said...

Awesome firework! I hope you get a missle this year too, that would be flippen sweet!

Aliese Fry said...

I just have to share a minor detail I feel as though you may have neglected to notice...Female Soldier in top photo wearing a lime green strawberry shortcake wrist watch. I definitely feel better knowing there's a girl out there who feels comfortable enough to sport an assault rifle and has a softer, more feminine side too! It's either that, or it was the cheapest one at Wal*Mart...One of the two...I'd like to believe the first one!

WX Ences said...

LOL!!! What I think is most funny about that last line on your blog is that you truly would LOVE to have your freakn' birthday cake just EXPLODE in front of you!!! That's just one of the many reasons why I love you!!

I am way jealous as I read about your travels and adventures...what great memories! Some day I'll be rubbing my awesomeness back in your face, you just wait!!!!

WX Ences said...

Oh, and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, from the Ence clan...we love you!

clay and jordan said...

Happy birthday! I'll never forget the first time I saw this picture...I about died. Who does that?!