Monday, June 23, 2008

GaLOOOOON! (It's what fun is!)

In an earlier post I shared the exciting news that I planned on going to Lagoon with my economic stimulus. Well, it happened. And oh it was magical!

Aaron and I both took off work on my birthday and headed up there. We spent the first part of the day riding the White Roller Coaster, the Spider, Mighty Mouse, the Colossus, and Wicked. It took A LOT of convincing to get me to go on Wicked, but after the first time I loved it and made him get right back in line to do it again! :) We actually chose a fantastic day to go and never spent more than a few minutes in any line!

After hitting all of the coasters we decided to do the Swings to take some pictures. First time around, I took pics of Aaron...



















Well, after finishing it, I was SO sick! I got off the ride and crumpled up in a corner in the shade and just prayed I wouldn't throw up! But we HAD to go again to get pictures of me so a few minutes later we went again... it was such a dumb idea... oh the things we do for the sake of pictures!























If you can't tell, I'm making a barfing look in the third one. After it ended the second time I seriously was WAY sick. I sat in a huddled ball for quite awhile and then we decided to go across the Sky Tram thing.

We hit up the JetStar and after that one I seriously thought I was going to die. I had Aaron go get food for us and we just ate and chilled for a bit. I finally felt better and we hit up the Bumper Cars!















After that we headed to Lagoon-A-Beach and hung out there for a few hours to cool off. We raced on the kiddie slides and had a good ol' time. The water felt great! After that we indulged in some Dippin' Dots. I was ready to try out a few rides again so we went on Tidal Wave. I'd never been on it before and really liked it! Yes, it made me way sick, but a good sick. :) I took this picture without Aaron knowing and it makes me laff!





We spent the last hourish riding all the coasters we had loved again. I made him go on Wicked like four more times. :) On the last time we finally dared to record it. I included the video. I was really intrigued with the electromagnetics of this coaster and how you can be going so slow and then the magnets flip and you go 55 mph! I hope you enjoy it! :) I LOVED going upside down... it's a sweet rush.



I felt way cool when the teenage boys next to me were like, "YOU GUYS RECORDED THAT??? Dude you're SOOOOO brave!" If only they knew we'd gone on it like five other times. :)


One of the last activities of the day consisted of Aaron winning me a stuffed animal. (You know, what all manly boyfriends do for their girlfriends!) I was very impressed that he won on his second time! I now own a wonderful white tiger named Zebra. :) Aaron was a good pal to him and buckled him up on the drive home. :) This picture makes me laff... it looks so awkward!


So yeah, Lagoon IS what fun is. :)



12 comments:

BECKY said...

Wow, this post looks SO retarded and I've tried to fixing it a bunch of times and it won't work. Anyway, just pretend it looks cool...

Any hints for me to get it to fix?

Emily said...

ROFL... LOVE the swing pics! I'm still sad that you didn't go on any of my favorite rides for me. And your video of Wicked beats the one I found all to pieces - yours makes you feel like you are hanging off the side and going to crash to the ground at any moment!

Aliese Fry said...

I really enjoy the video! I've actually had my friend in England look at your blog to check it out because she's comin' here in July and we're gonna go to Lagoon.

Andrea J said...

What a great birthday!

Angie said...

Yeah for Galoon! It is so good to see they have a new coaster! It's about time. Happy belated Birthday by the way!

Colby and Meredith said...

Nice footage on the ride! Glad that you both had fun at Lagoon! Bonus: no lines! Sweet.

Mike and Lisa said...

I love your posts! You make Lagoon look like loads of fun! (not that it isn't of course). I love the stuffed animal buckeled up.haha.

Christiansense said...

I can't believe how short the lines where. We went two weeks ago, but it was on a Saturday and the lines were HORRIBLE! I still haven't been on wicked, but that video was great to watch. I was getting alittle motion sickness watching it.

Cami and Mitch said...

looks so fun! I love lagoon. I still can't get over that you and Aaron are a couple. its awesome. you'll have to let me know how you post smaller pictures side by side like that one of these days.

DaNae said...

Dude, I havent been to lagoon since I was like 10. I totally want to go now. Btw, you + Aaron = Such a cute couple!!

WX Ences said...

Sweet!

By-the-way, I think I have that same shirt you're wearing...you have such great taste in clothes!!!!!!

shan & andrew said...

K, you need to call me. You have way too much fun and I need to partake of the fun as well!