Monday, June 9, 2008

Maple Canyon

This weekend we went to a canyon that had been highly recommended to Aaron. It did require a small drive, but it was totally worth it. We went to Maple Canyon to the east of Nephi, near Fountain Green. It's a really popular climbing area. It was about a three mile hike with constant changes in view. I find it intriguing that you can have an area that is completely lush and green, then a few feet away you just have rock cliffs, then a few feet away you have a sagebrush patch, then a few feet away you have a bunch of wildflowers! I love nature; I don't think I'll ever tire of it.

After spending some time at the overlook, we decided to hike down a different way. We explored a bit and met some rock climbers from Colorado. This "hollow" was incredible. Can you see all the climbing things hanging from the ceiling?... there were hundreds of them.


Hanging practically upside down seems a bit scary to me! We noticed a cave nearby and decided to check it out. The opening was only about six feet wide, but when we got inside, it was HUGE! It was incredible and very freaky. :) I totally want to check out this canyon in the fall... I bet it's incredible! We went back to Nephi, toured the town, and ate at "Reed's Drive-In." It was quite delish. Good times.












The way up...


















The view...



The way back...

So cute, huh!

6 comments:

The Biggers said...

oh cute! A little black sheep!
Okay, so when Josh and I come down in August I think you need to take us to these beautiful places you are going! It kills me that we haven't seen those places after living there for a few years! You two look so cute!

M said...

you two sure are getting out into the wild a lot these days! good for you, beautiful pics!

Aliese Fry said...

I love the artistic tree photos.

Sarah said...

what awesome pics! okay, so i'm probably TOTALLY out of the loop, but I have to know - who is this Aaron?? :)

Suzanne said...

Beck--if you want to practice your rock climbing technique, remember that all you have to do is come to our house! Aunt SUZ

Julie Lewis said...

You guys are bike riding fools! Did Aaron get a bike rack on his car? I thought I saw some bikes on top.