Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grandeur Peak

A couple weeks ago the Young Men and Young Women of my ward hiked up Grandeur Peak. It was a great hike... some parts hard, some parts easy. It's just up Milcreek Canyon.

I was floored by the amounts of flowers on the walk up so I took some pictures.





















































I'm not sure what exactly the thing in the bottom left picture, but it looked like a caterpillar nest. There were quite a few of them near the top of the peak... weird!

I think it was a little over three miles up. Once up there we watched the sunset and then hiked down in the dark. I've never done that and it was actually a bit freaky!


It was beautiful to see the sun reflecting on the Great Salt Lake.

And here's all the stallions.

9 comments:

The Biggers said...

Hiking in the dark is very freaky!!
Those pictures are gorgeous!

Colby and Meredith said...

I like how you called them "stallions!" Very Becky-like!

Andrea J said...

I love that canyon! I feel like you can almost see our old house in those pictures, thanks for the pics.

Julie Lewis said...

Good times! We need more activities like that!

Matthew and Hillary said...

Wow, that's gorgeous...I'm quite jealous of all your hiking trips...I should go on more...

Matthew and Hillary said...

Wow, that's gorgeous...I'm quite jealous of all your hiking trips...I should go on more...

Aliese Fry said...

Way pretty flower pictures! Those are worth making enlarged prints of and framing in some artsy fartsy way on a wall!

jkmoss3 said...

you are so active, I love it. I wanna go hiking and biking and road tripping. I am impressed that you know where all these cool places are.

David & Chanelle said...

I absolutely love nature shots! Good ones!