Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Two-Day Honeymoon!

Aaron never told me where we were going for our honeymoon day until we were driving there after our night in Carthage. He had planned a day in Springfield, Illinois!

Our first stop was at the State Capitol. It was a beautiful building!

The funny thing... it wasn't until the last room of the tour that we realized we'd been there on a tour when we were students in Nauvoo!
Aaron took some style lessons from Douglas.

We went to a Civil War Museum (wouldn't reccommend it...) :) and we went to the State Museum. It told all about the prehistoric history of Illinois. I don't know that I'd want to live in Illinois with these kinds of creatures running around...
This was in the gift shop. I thought it was funny.
He also surprised me with a fabulously huge room!
...with a jacuzzi!!!!!
Sunday morning we found a ward and went to church and then drove back to St. Louis to fly home.
We stopped at the St. Louis Temple and walked around for a bit.


As we were passing through airport security with the dress, one of the guards said to us, "You guys headin' to Vegas?!" Aaron thought it was hilarious!
The flight home was a bit crazy. We flew home on Southwest and our numbers on our tickets required us to be the last people in line to board. This was not good as we had two large carry-ons and a dress. We finally got in and of course there was no room. In fact, there was only one seat for the two of us! After many minutes of trying to figure out who wasn't supposed to be on the plane they kicked off three people!? What!?! But because of that we were luckily able to sit together but there still was no room for our stuff. They wouldn't let us hold it and had me stuff the dress in a three foot space. There were at least eight women who had petrified looks on their faces as they watched the stuffing episode! Luckily the dress survived. When we landed in Salt Lake the flight attendants announced over the intercom: "And we'd like to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton on their marriage and wish them the best! We have a gift for them at the door!" And when we got there, lucky us... a bottle of Champagne!!! EXTRA DRY!!! We had a good laff over it.


Good times! And hopefully someday you'll get to see wedding pics and reception pics. We STILL haven't gotten them...

9 comments:

Christiansen's said...

Wow looks like a real fun honeymoon :) I love the huge bathtub, and I bet you did to :). I seriously am a horrible person, I had every intention on going to your wedding reception but didn't realize it was that week until like two days later I saw on your face book saying "I hope to see everyone at my reception" I was so annoyed at myself. I bet it was beautiful and you lookes gorgeous in your wedding dress. Congrats!

Aliese said...

Love the champagne; that's classic. At least you were lucky enough to still sit together! Darrin and I weren't so lucky on one of our flights...

Colby and Meredith said...

That champagne gift is so funny! What a great story. Glad you guys had a great time. You are such a cute couple!

DaNae said...

The 1st thing I thought of was, "oh yeah, we did that tour as students." You two are so cute and I wish you were headed to vegas!

Matthew and Hillary said...

I'm with Danae...that's the first thing I thought of. Nice jucuzzi!! Love the champagne story!

LeBaron Family said...

How fun!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Mike and Lisa said...

Too bad it had to be champange- although that is pretty nice of them to do that for you guys! Its so fun to be newlyweds!

Meg said...

You are guys are so cute together! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

The Piepers said...

We had a two day honeymoon too! I love all the pics too! You look great together, but honestly, Becky you are just so beautiful! (Just in case Aaron isn't telling you all the time, although he probably is...)