Friday, February 13, 2009

Chi-Chi-Chi-CHIA!

Let me tell you my joy when I opened a Christmas present from my mom and there was a CHIA PET!!! I've always wanted one of these and couldn't believe one was really in my hands!!

I was given the "Chia Head" version and we named him Mr. Potato Head. It was super fun to grow.

For those of you who are likewise intrigued by Chia Pets, let me show you how it all goes down...

First you take some of the seeds and let them soak in water for an hour. A paste magically forms by doing this and then you give your ChiaHead a massage and fill the seeds into all the cracks. For the next couple of days you are supposed to keep him wet all the time and under tons of sunlight. Our apartment doesn't really get natural light so I just kept a lamp on him and it worked just fabulous!


Just two days later I noticed we had sproutage happening! Enthusiasm ensues.

Next day: GREEN is showing!!!


Next day, this boy is gaining hair right and left!

Three days later he's got a full head of hair!

A week later he's still the joy of your life.

Look at this smile... have you ever seen a happier ChiaMan?

And this picture was about a week before it died off. I'm showing with my finger that his hair was about two inches tall.


I hope you're all super jealous. I'm definitely a fan of the ChiaPet and it was all I had dreamed it would be over all these years! We've got some seeds left and we're thinking mullet and mohawk for some other dos!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

That's awesome!! I've never seen an actual chiaPet.. just the commercials. I'm glad to see it works. I like the name too. If you have any tips about Nauvoo, we'd love to hear them! We only have 1 day. Wish you guys could come with!

Josh and Megs said...

that's hilarious becky! i didn't know they still sold those things.

Aloha_Misty said...

I love it! I brought the girls in and showed them how you planted the seeds and watered it to make the hair grow...Sabrina didn't understand why you would "grow the hair" Greg and I think it is AWESOME! I would go for the mohawk for the next do!

Shanna said...

This was so entertaining... and I am super jealous!! My anniversary is coming up and I know what I am asking for now! You're great Becky!!!

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Wow Becky! I didn't know you had a green thumb! That looks awesome. I have to admit though, when I first glanced at the first pictures it looked like there were some nasty bugs on his head!

Brenda said...

I love it! I vote for the Mohawk next time around. Keep on smiling!!!!!

M said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even know that they still made these!!!!! This is the perfect gift for you. I love it!

*Liese said...

I may or may not be slightly weirded out by the ChiaHead...However, I will admit to totally wanting one back in the day.

Lee and Marie said...

Becky, you are hilarious! I love your blog! I hope things are going so great for you guys! How is married life treating you? What are you up to? :)

jkmoss3 said...

HAHA


Funniest part is that it kinda looks like aaron!!!