Friday, February 6, 2009

Randomness About Me

So quite a few of you did this like five months ago and I was adequately inspired and wanted to do it too. It took me forever, but just as I was getting ready to post it someone goes on Facebook and totally steals my thunder! Anyway, I’m posting them and hope you enjoy learning random facts about me! (The first 25 are the ones I posted on Facebook so you can skip them if you don’t feel like reading them twice.)

1. I love Wal-mart.
2. I love country. Whether that be music, the thought of the slow life, etc.
3. The only CD I’ve ever purchased is Rascal Flatts.
4. We don’t have TV. But if we’d did, I’d watch the news and the MoTab broadcast.
5. I’ve never watched an episode of Gilmore Girls, Friends, Gray’s Anatomy, the Office, Lost, etc. And I’m totally okay with that.
6. I love drinking water. It's delish.
7. I was never asked to a boy choice dance in high school. It was sad.
8. I own an abacus. I saw it at D.I. and couldn’t think of any good reason why I shouldn’t own it so I got it.
9. I love to cook but can only cook from cookbooks.
10. I enjoy shopping 99% of the time. For clothes, food, anything.
11. I love to sneeze... it's so refreshing.
12. I hate it when people 'stiffle' their sneezes and make that ridiculous squeak sound.
13. I love opening gifts. I'm pretty sure I opened every single one of our wedding gifts. :)
14. Provo gives me anxiety.
15. I love journals. I wrote in one daily for years. I've slowed down to weeklyish now, but I have like 20 journals!
16. I don't like my name. I wish my name was Katie.
17. I feel that police are out to get me. They are never there to help me.
18. I am the jumpiest driver ever. I'm positive everyone can't see me.
19. I have been rear-ended four times. (I think this explains me being very jumpy.)
20. I have an incredibly jacked up neck because of the whiplash from being rear-ended.
21. I have a desire to graffiti a train car. I have no idea what I'd write or draw, but I've always wanted to.
22. I make my bed every day. I hate seeing beds all messy.
23. I enjoy cleaning for the most part.
24. I would be embarrassed to drive a PT Cruiser.
25. I remove shrink wrap and other packaging materials immediately from items. I hate to see extra junk lying around. Same with envelopes... I toss them immediately and just keep the insides.
26. I love to pay the bills at my work. I love writing the checks. (I’m sure it also has something to do with writing checks but not having it be my money!)
27. I love aprons. Right now I have a Christmas and Halloween one and regular ones. I pretty much always wear one when I cook. I feel more culinary with it on. :)
28. All dogs are male to me. For some reason I can't call them female.
29. I have a toolbox with lots of tools in it.
30. I love to use my tools. I love to put things together.
31. I have rode in a limo once on a business trip.
32. I think confrontation is so lame. Can't we all just get along?
33. I love coupons. I try to never buy anything at JoAnn's without one.
34. We'll try any restaurant if we have a coupon for it.
35. I hate paying for parking. I will walk a few blocks if it means not paying for parking.
36. I think Volkswagon Beetle's are gross.
37. I love Laura Ingalls Wilder and have read all the books a few times.
38. I believe jetlag is in all in your head and you cannot have it if you choose not to.
39. I discovered amazon.com for books a couple years ago and love it. I could spend a lot of money on there.
40. I would love to have a room that is just a library someday.
41. I love books and I try to collect a book from places I go as a souvenir.
42. I think Michael Jackson’s music is bumpin’.
43. Last year I had a ct scan of my neck, x-rays of my chest, and blood work done.
44. After those tests last year I was diagnosed with mono. :)
45. I pretty much only breathe through my nose.
46. I love open windows and the fresh air that comes through them.
47. I love to be outside. If it's something I can reasonably do outside, I try to.
48. I cry a lot and I cry very easily and I hate it with a passion.
49. I love, love, love people watching.
50. I think laugh should be spelled laff.
51. I love giving gifts, wrapping gifts, and receiving gifts. Gifts are happy.
52. The smell of cigarettes absolutely disgusts me and causes my throat to close up.
53. I love the PowerPoint program. I made a PowerPoint about Samuel the Laminate with my brother once. Complete with graphs. It rocked.
54. A goal of mine is to be known as someone who was chill in all situations.
55. One reason I like winter is because I get to change wardrobes.
56. I try not to judge people. For example, once a woman who knew way better wore an immodest shirt when she sang a solo in church and I made up all these stories about what if... she got locked out of her house in beach clothing and couldn't get back in to change but decided to come to church anyway, what if she gave her sleeves to someone in need, what if....
57. I have an imagination. Obviously. :)
58. I hate winding the vacuum cord... it just seems like such a waste because you have to unwind it in a couple days.
59. I hate seeing a vacuum cord not wound... it looks so messy. Obviously vacuum cords are a lose/lose situation for me. :)
60. I always hold my breath as I walk pass the coffee aisle in a store. Coffee reaks.
61. I used to be really good at knee-driving.
62. If my husband had a good job, I wouldn't mind ironing a shirt for him every day.
63. I wash all my clothes inside/out and I never turn an article of clothing right side out until I wear it.
64. A roomie in college pointed out that I left cupboard doors open and now it drives me crazy when they are open.
65. After my roomie pointed it out to me, I did it just to bug her. :)
66. Due to all of my obsessive compulsiveness, I wonder what kind of mother I'll be.
67. I like old people and want them to tell me stories.
68. Acutally, I want everyone to tell me stories. I love stories.
69. I love Blueberry Morning, Kix, and Crispix, but only buy them if they are on sale.
70. I also love Marshmellow Mateys.
71. I really enjoy Charles Wysocki puzzles.
72. I generally don't like bangs.
73. Choosing what to wear is one of the hardest choices I make all day. :)
74. Almost all my clothes come from Old Navy.
75. I love wearing myself out.
76. I think it would rock to be able to forecast storms “in my bones”.
77. I like to have my toenails painted silver.

Well there you have it. 77 randoms! Happy Weekend!

14 comments:

Andrea J said...

That was the best random list I've ever read, hands down.

*Liese said...

Whoa! Good job. I, too, refuse to walk down the coffee isle without holding my breath; I can't stand it. Actually, there are NUMEROUS things on your list that are similar to me. Maybe that's why we get along so well. LoL

Mike and Lisa said...

I have to say, I have never ironed Mike's shirts for him for work... He gets up every morning and does it himself. Sad I know. I love reading randoms! I'll have to do one..I'm working on it. I agree it takes awhile!!

clay and jordan said...

I am so proud to have known almost all of those things about you already. Your life is just too fun and interesting that I can't NOT know them!!

Miss you, girl!

Jessie said...

So growing up, we had a vacuum with a retractable cord... now there is a win-win for you. Nice and easy to do (just hold down the button), and easy enough to get back out.

Also, I don't think being able to forecast storms in your bones probably wouldn't be that exciting, sorry. I know my knees ache ache ache every time the pressure changes, and it's pretty crappy. Maybe if it actually meant something to me, though, like if I knew it was going to be a snowstorm, or rain or hail or sun or whatever, it would be cooler. All I know is that it hurts. :(

Tannie Datwyler said...

SUPER fun to read! I loved all those random facts. I didn't know you had mono, what a bummer!

Julie said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this! I want to comment on about every single item, so I will just leave it with my original sentence. Very Entertaining!

Christiansen's said...

I very much enjoyed that. I have been tagged on that post so many times, but I wouldn't even know what to say, maybe one of these days I will do it. That is crazy you have been rear ended 4 times, crappy crappy. You would HATE to live with me because I NEVER make the bed, my husband usually always does it, I think I honestly have made the bed no more then 10 times (besides the initial making it after cleaning the sheets) since I have been married which is now 4.5 years.

Matthew and Hillary said...

Haha, I like the one about weather in your bones.

Charlynn said...

Fun randomness! Have you checked out thriftbooks.com? I have to stay away from that website because you can get books for super cheap. (The shipping is usually more than the book, but when you are paying less than $3 for a book who cares.) I love books so much I could spend a fortune on them. Good times!

By the way, I love your groundhog day brownies!

Suzanne said...

Becky, Why does Provo give you anxiety? Is it your crazy relatives who live there?

The Williamsons said...

I don't like to iron. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke either.
Congrats on the 77 things.. it took me forever just to do the 25 things! lol

LeBaron Family said...

Hahahahaha. I wonder which roomie that was? Good times.
I love your randomness.
I'm working on my 100 list. When it's done I'll post it.

Deann said...

That was extremely entertaining!
Will you share your Samuel the Lamanite power point presentation? I just posted on facebook about how my kids LOVE him!