Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Palgamoria Weekend

Aaron finished finals last Wednesday so we headed down to Pagosa Springs (or Palgamoria as my friend who can't remember the name of the city calls it... which I think is a pretty awesome name...!) to watch Aaron's little brother Ryan run in a home track meet and it also happened to be their prom.
As we drove down through Moab on Friday afternoon we hit a car show! There were 100's of old cars and I caught a few pics as we drove through.
We went to the track meet around 9 on Saturday morning. We helped as timers at the finish line.
Ryan competed in four events. Here he is getting and passing 'the bar thing'.

And here he is running the mile. He finished fourth at 5:04. Wowza.

The only track stuff I've watched has been on the Olympics so it was cool to see a meet in person. Ryan didn't do the hurdles, but it was my favorite event so I'm posting a picture. :)

We were out there until it ended around 4. The whole day was cold and VERY windy and almost completely overcast.
I took this picture from the track... just had to show how beautiful his mountainous town is. (It's also really ghetto in parts but that's beside the point.)
Despite the lack of sun, Aaron somehow caught A LOT of rays. He kept getting more red as the night went on.
We had a couple hours before the promies would be coming for dinner so we went on a hike up a nearby hill. We found this cool carved log and had to represent.

It was a fun, quick, pretty hike.



And then it was PromTime! We got the boys looking all snazzy before they took off. Here is my raccoon making the perfect tie knot... and also matching the tie quite well.
We cooked a mad good dinner for them.
Appetizer: Incredible Dip with lots of dipping yummies
2nd Appetizer: Salad with all the fixins
Main Course: Prime Rib, Green Beans, Twice-Baked Potatoes
Dessert: Brownie Ice-Cream Roll with Chocolate Drizzle Sauce.
Seriously, delish.
I decorated a table upstairs and they ate by candlelight.
Aaron did a lot of the serving. He started out in jeans and a t-shirt, then moved to a suit, then to...
and then the oxygen tank... ?!

And the finale. :) Yes, we're freaks. And yes it was hilarious.

We even went and showed up at the prom and made him wear the last outfit. Good times. :)

We drove back Sunday afternoon. We saw some really pretty bright green leaves poking out against the red rocks.


And then we hit snow. The colors of the bright spring green and the white were really interesting.


We stopped at my fam's house on the way back up and had dinner and spent a couple hours with them. We are really blessed with such fabulous families.
We pulled into the parking lot and found this on my car.

No note, nothing. Ugh. We did have someone come down yesterday and say they witnessed who did it and saw them drive off. Now we just have to find that person. Seriously though-- ethics??!!
And a couple other pictures... We took a walk on Monday night and I just thrived in the beauty of the flowers.


And a couple fab shots of us.


I could almost see the future.
Good times.
Aaron started Spring Semester today so it's back to the grind...

11 comments:

*Liese said...

I pretty much love that you felt the need to point out there are "ghetto" parts of Pagosa Springs-that's awesome! I love your pictures!! Seriously, you always take such neat ones wherever you go...Except for you car...That one's definitely not-so-great. Hopefully you're able to track down the loser who sucks at life and make him/her pay for it. Rough 'em up, Becky! :)

Matthew and Hillary said...

Oh Becky you make me laugh. I love old cars! I'm pretty jealous of the car show.

Sarah said...

Looks like the most magical weekend ever! Glad you two could get away. BYU has weird semesters!... Jeff's spring semester is wrapping up now.

AllyPally said...

I love your blog!! It makes me laugh! Sorry about the car.... :(

Emily said...

I especially like the creepy glow-eyed cat in the picture of the couples eating at your fancy table. :)

LeBaron Family said...

Beautiful and sounds like so much fun!
And "the bar thing" is a baton. Baton. Is a serious piece of a relay. If you drop it you are disqualified. If you don't pass it in the "zone" you are disqualified.
As a previous tracker I just wanted to make sure you had the correct terminology. :)

Our family said...

Becky, I hardly ever comment, but you always make me laugh! I especially love your husband's raccoon lines and the prom shenanigans. The picture from the hurdles is great... I think that is probably one of my favorites too... the runners somehow make that look easy.

Thanks for your fun comment. My mom & sister are definitely blog groupies, but it's nice to know there are others out there reading, enjoying, appreciating too =D

Lisa and Mike said...

Haha, just have to say you guys are HILARIOUS. I love your posts!

JENNIFER said...

Becky! What a fun time you are having! I actually think about my straightener and your blow dryer every morning when I do my hair, man that was NOT good :) Guess WHAT, I have talked Jana into going on the Egypt/Israel trip with me next August in 2011! I'm so excited and we hope to get a bunch of other friends to go! Wish you could go too!!!!!

Deann said...

That sounds like an awesome time :)

Cami and Mitch said...

Becky-
Loved the pictures! Sorry about your car! But I am glad you two were able to have some fun in-between semesters. Are you going to stay in Salt Lake for a while or move down here? We need to stop just talking about getting together and actually do it sometime (with Shanda too).