Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long Weekend Amazingness

Yeah so Memorial Day Weekend was great.
Saturday started off with a trip to Provo to see my previous roomie Nicole get sealed to her husband and their newborn baby Jonathan. It was such a sweet experience! It was so great to see a few previous roomies. Afterward we did a session so that I could add another temple to my list!

Sunday night all of us got together at my parent's house for some good eats and a campout! We had a little surprise party for Wadds (no that's not her real name, but close enough) and Aaron who have birthdays next week.


We are all very good-looking, flattering people.


Yeah, they're in love.

And then the campout!! Wellll it was raining pretty hard. But we REALLY wanted to give our camping gear a try! Soooo, we set up our tent in our parent's basement. :)

We blew up our air mattress which BARELY fits! We also used our fabulous down blanket we received... yep that's all the camping gear we've got--what more could we need?!

We invited all to join us inside!

You better believe we slept in our tent. And it was the best night of sleep I've ever slept while "camping".
Thank goodness Monday's weather was great. I'd been dying for a long bike ride and was thrilled the weather didn't let me down. Here we are ready to head to the trail!

Good times!


We randomly ran into Dawn who so awesomely took our picture.

After the ride we set up the volleyball net in the backyard and started playing. I received permission to cut off some branches of this massive pine tree back there so that we could have a bit more of an unobstructed court. Then we received permission to take down as much as we wanted. We had a way good time... as you'll see...


Saftey first?

Yeah, this is our finished product. :) It's a new type of palm tree. :) We like it. We're classy like that.

Hope y'all had a fab weekend too. :)

16 comments:

Josh and Megs said...

yeah for basement campouts! my sister and i used to do that all the time! Also I love the tree! And if we move back to SLC we most definitely have to hang out! I love how much time you spend outdoors!

by M said...

You are always doing something adventurous!

Matthew and Hillary said...

Wow, it's like giving a pine tree a buzz. That's hilarious! Glad you could get out and go biking.

Julie said...

What an enjoyable post! I love the palm tree!

Dawn said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! The camping the basement was my favorite part :) It was good to see you and Aaron on Monday.

Sarah said...

I've been wanting to bike ride so bad lately! But alas I've been without a bike for two years now,.. left it up in logan cuz it was deformed from all the snow. Sad.

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Camping gear!!! Now you can come with me and Wes! Maybe that's what we should do together this summer...

DaNae said...

What a fun weekend. We are doing good Becky. And the job hunt is 2 thumbs way DOWN...but it will work out. Thanks for thinking of me.

*Liese said...

That tree is extremely awesome! Way to go! However, I don't think you should be movin' to Bonsai any time soon; stick to pine. :)

Angie said...

That tree made me laugh out loud! Hilarious. And... ahem... there's a temple in Mexico City you could add to your list!

Shanna said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Aloha_Misty said...

Wow! That palm tree sure made me miss Hawaii....

Angie said...

Yay for fun multi-picture posts! Our air mattress BARELY fits in our tent too. Someone didn't coordinate that very well. It's like hot dogs and the buns....they don't match up very well.

I so want to go on a bike ride! Looks like fun!

Suzanne said...

Love the tree. It reminds me of the strange tree-like cell phone tower we have here in Provo. Are your parents still speaking to you?

Kimber said...

You forgot to mention how your favorite roommate waited two hours in front of the Provo Temp just to see you :-)Also, your tree is retarded. I love it!

LeBaron Family said...

How fun! Your hair is getting sooo long!