Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Templo Square

So templo is pretty much the only Espanol word I know. Therefore, I use it loud and proud.

So last Friday night I told that husband of mine I'd had enough with his homework and we were going on an outing. (That's slightly made up, but it makes for a good story.) :) Anyway, we biked to Templo Square because I was dying to see the flowers and amazingness. We were not disappointed.






















If I understand my genealogy correctly, my third great-grandpa made these doors!



We sat there on the lawn, enjoyed the sun, and ate some chips and salsa. We're pretty classy. Yummy warm weather.

12 comments:

*Liese said...

WAY pretty pictures! Ohmygoodness, tulips are my most favorite flower in the entire world and these pictures are just pretty much incredible. That's definitely a noteworthy outing.

jkmoss3 said...

WOW, it is beautiful. I must say I am a teeny bit jealous that I dont live in Utah for just one moment, and then that feeling goes away!!! But it is beautiful.

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Yummy warm weather is right. Beautiful pictures...wish I was there.

Matthew and Hillary said...

Wow that's so pretty! It's been a long time since I've seen Temple Square past April. Glad you got away from the homework for a bit. Nice shot at the last, by the way!

Josh and Megs said...

Becky those pictures are so beautiful! It makes me really miss it there. Also we haven't talked in a while...how are you doing!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous pictures, Becky. It was Herman August Thorup that made those doors--he was a great craftsman.

Meg said...

I want to go on that outing! Beautiful pictures.

Christiansen's said...

You guys are such a cute couple, I wish Trav and I would be more adventerous like you. Those pictures are beautiful by the way, you did a great job at taking them.

Angie said...

Beautylicious! And, just as a small reminder, it was also Ben's third great grandpa who built those doors.

clay and jordan said...

Oh how I miss living so close to Temple Square. It sure it beautiful there this time of year...as your pictures prove. I want to smell all those flowers! Great photos!!

Lee and Marie said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures Becky! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Temple Square! I'm jealous of your outing :) I really like the bottom photo - you two are so cute! We should get together and do a dinner/game night! :) Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

by M said...

I'm with the others when they say they miss that place. I miss being just down the street from it. Gorgeous capture of the colors!