Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 Awesome's

This is a pretty random post, but it's three recent awesome things.

First, Cinnamon WonderBread. The first time I had this was the day before our wedding. We drove to Wal-mart in Keokuk and got food to eat since we had a kitchen in the motel room. This was something we purchased on a whim. And it is DELICIOUS! So when I saw it a couple weeks ago for a couple bucks I had to purchase it for the memory. Aaron was thrilled as well.

Yum yum deliciousness.

And just a random tidbit... the day before we got married I was eating some of this toasted goodness and a raisin fell out and burned me! Proof in this picture.


Can you see the red mark near my elbow? RAISIN BURN. I'm hardcore. :)

Second:
I love lilies. As in they're my favorite. And I get to see these every day as I ride Bike to work! They're so pretty. They make me happy.



And last. But DEFINITELY not least.
I visit teach an 85-year-old woman named Stella. She's awesome. And last night she gave us these as a treat.

That's an old (clean) yogurt cup filled with Hershey's kisses with a baggie around it and tied with a twist-tie. Can't lie; I smiled for a couple hours about it.

12 comments:

Emily said...

DAY LILIES!!! They are my absolute favorites, too! My mom bought a bunch last weekend to plant in their yard... I can't wait for them to bloom! The orange ones are definitely the prettiest!

jhainesfam said...

gotta love old people

Jessie said...

I love the raisin bread, too--have ever since I was a little girl. My grandma used to buy it for when we'd stay over at night. Makes great toast. :)

*Liese said...

Oh, all of those things are indeed awesome! Glad you had Three Awesome's on your Birthday--that makes it MUCH more enjoyable! :) Happy Birthday, friend!

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Ooooh, I love cinnamon raisin bread too. I don't know why, but it is good.

Enjoying Life . . . One day at a time! said...

That's awesome! I love VTing older women! It is seriously my favorite - the conversations are the best. And that wedding pic is one of my favs of you!

Emily said...

Did you eat the Kisses? :) That is so funny! I would have chuckled too!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh yeah - I LOVE cinnamon raisin bread. Have you ever made cinnamon raisin french bread? I use that wonder bread all the time and it is AWESOME - I can give you a recipe if you want. :)

by M said...

How do you always get involved with the randomess people/gifts/experiences!!!! That Hershey gift is hilarious!

Meg said...

Those are all great favorite things...especially the little gift from Stella :) I love it!

Angie said...

Holy rasin of death! How are you even alive!? Seriously. You amaze me sometimes.

Love the name Stella. One of my poor daughters just might end up with it some day.

clay and jordan said...

Okay so the night after I read this post I had a dream about that bread. Now I want to try it!