Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Qquirrh Mountain Temple (and a visit)

I feel like I can say that I really know this temple! I have now watched the video and been on the the tour three times! It really is a beautiful temple .

The first time I was on a "special guest tour" since my work sells some of the fabric they chose.
The second time was with my fam.

And the third time was with his fam.

Which obviously means we had a visit from Colorado!
Aaron's fam came up last weekend. We had them over in our ghetto fabulous apartment for dinner on Thursday night and then met them for the Temple Open House Friday night and went to dinner after.
Saturday morn we had them over for breakfast. And then our day of shopping insanity began! I have been telling them they need to go to IKEA for over a year... and finally got them to go! I think they were a bit 'skeptical' wondering why I would take them to a furniture store! I was thrilled when within the first minute they were already amazed. :) And that we ended up being there for about four hours. :)
They, too, fell in love with the Poang chair and ended up getting one! Ronski and I hope to have these someday when we're rich and famous. :)

Our big purchase was a clothes drying rack. It saves us a $1 a load for us to air dry our clothes so I'm a fan... though our wooden rack isn't the greatest... in fact, we're on our second one because the other one broke... So when I saw this one I almost melted. Aaron immediately said we needed it and it was sold. I tried it out yesterday and it's pretty fab. :)

After IKEA we went to the movie UP! We all really liked it.
And then more shopping. Lowe's, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and multiple clothing stores! (Pagosa offers none of this type of stuff.)
After shopping, we had dinner at the Pi Pizzeria and then went and climbed Ensign Peak. It was relaxing and enjoyable to watch the city.

I love, love, love summer nights... I don't want them to end! It was good to have his fam here and we all had a good time.

7 comments:

JENNIFER said...

Becky
Thank you for all your comments on my blog all month especially! I am having the time of my life and although it is the hardest thing ever it is also the best thing that could be happening to me. I wish I would have called you to go to the open house with me so that you had another round at it! HA! Clark took off last night for Israel, I'm so jealous.

Kristen Moss said...

it looks kinda like nauvoo.

Sounds like you had fun. I LOVE IKEA!!

Emily said...

Funny... Deann just posted about going to the temple open house and how they had to go to Ikea again too!

Deann said...

LOL we do have nearly the same post!! Matt is sad (all two times) we've been to Ikea and not gone home with a Poang chair. That drying rack is awesome, I had no idea it was there. Guess I'll have to plan another trip.

Cami and Mitch said...

Hey Becky! I was thinking, even though Shanda skipped town we should get together sometime, like double (+ cooper) whatdoya think?

Lisa and Mike said...

I love IKEA too! I have to resist going there more than twice a year or so or it would drain my bank account.

Cat Zimmer said...

That is so cool that you were able to go on the tour so many times! This temple looks almost EXACTLY like the Rexburg temple. Isn't the church so great!? Hey so I saw you went to Bear Lake this summer . . we are thinking of going there for some camping, we have never been, do you recommend it? Hope you and Aaron are doing good :)