Monday, September 14, 2009

First Anniversary!


It was exciting to celebrate our First Anniversary! Time has FLOWN!

I asked Aaron over a month ago to plan something because I knew he'd get caught up in school! He kept it completely secret from everyone and definitely surprised me.

We started in the afternoon (after homework was done!) and he took me to the Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It's totally one of my faves and it was fun to look at all the pictures of Nauvoo there. Plus that, it's delish.

And then we took off driving. When we got past Ogden he asked if I knew where we were going and I said Logan. I was right!
We got there and went to the temple and were able to do sealings. TOTALLY awesome and special.

And then we checked into an adorable Bed and Breakfast he'd booked. It's a 110 year old home.

And then food! The guy who owns the B&B suggested Firehouse and oh man it was so good!! I requested that we get take-out so we could sit on the porch of the B&B and just soak in the evening. It was marvelous.

We had ice cream that night (we pretty much never splurge, so it was so fun to do it so many times in one day!) and then watched our wedding video and mushy stuff like that. Ha.
This is the room. I just loved how homey it was... so not hotel-ish.

Sunday morning we got up and they fed us our breakfast. It was apple pancakes with bacon and fruit... it was delicious! Then Aaron told me that we weren't going to church until three so we had all morning to just hang out. We went over to the dam and watched the ducks and geese. There were like four fathers and sons in over the hour that we were there and we just loved watching them and laffing with them and watching their faces. The geese are HUGE (like six times the size of the ducks!) and they were sure greedy! It was fun to watch all the ducks leave when the bread was gone and then the second someone new threw a piece in, TONS came over immediately!


I kept asking why we couldn't go to church earlier and finally he told me that we were going to a Nursing Home. WHAT!? I kept thinking and thinking about it and about 1:00 I figured it out... our teachers and dear friends who we met in Nauvoo, the Huffs, must be involved with that. I had really wanted to see them from the second I figured out we were going to Logan but hadn't mentioned it not wanting to take away from Aaron's plans. He had called them a month ago and set things up with them! Brother Huff is the Branch President at a Nursing Home so we went there with them (and had some good laffs at the random outbursts of the old people! "Wow, that guy is huge!" and in the middle of a story, "OH WELL.") and then had dinner with them afterwards. We chatted for hours and it was SO wonderful to see them.

It was such a great anniversary. It was wonderful to spend hours together without homework or stress. Aaron planned a perfect trip for us and it made me so happy. Hopefully we'll share many, many more!

26 comments:

by M said...

WahWhat! A year already! Wow! Looks like a wonderful weekend...and I want to go to that bed and breakfast now!!!

Jessie said...

What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary! Good for Aaron for really making it special for you guys. You are a lucky girl. :)

Lee and Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a good husband you have :) I love surprises too!!! I'm glad it was an awesome one and that you'll have such a fun memory! I can't believe it's already been a year... Crazy! You're beautiful :)

Lee and Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh.Megs.Abigail said...

super cute bed and breakfast! i can't believe it's already been a year! It's so nice to be able to have time to relax and forget about the stress of the world!

*Liese said...

That's a WAY fun anniversary! You're a lucky girl, that's for sure. The B&B looks incredible. I stayed in one in New Haven, Connecticut, and honestly--didn't want to leave. EVER. I love that he took you to the Nauvoo Cafe since you guys' special place is Nauvoo! Adorable. And oh, church in the nursing home. AWESOME. One of my college ward callings was to help with sacrament meetings once a month and it was always really interesting. Some of the most spiritual and hilarious moments I can remember come from those sacrament meetings! ...Like the time a cute old man sneezed GALLONS of snot all over his hands and himself and he wiped it in my hair and on the back of my shirt just before I was supposed to do the musical number. I had to go into the restroom and wash my shirt quickly in the sink (yes, I removed it completely, washed it with soap, wrung it out, and SANG with it dripping down onto my skirt).

Matthew and Hillary said...

What an awesome trip. Kudos to Aaron...especially throwing the Huffs into the mix...awesome! So totally jealous of getting to see them! I haven't seen nearly any of the teachers since we left Nauvoo!

The Williamsons said...

That looks like so much fun!! Happy Anniversary!!! :)

DaNae said...

Happy Anniversary! The 1st year totally flies, well actually all the years fly. What a sweet hubby you have.

mike and jenn said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I am so happy for you. We recently changed our blog address and made it private and I don't know if I sent you an invite. If I didn't I would like to. Hope you continue to have many wonderful and fun weekends together even though school, homework and stress have started again.

Meg said...

What a fun anniversary! Good work Aaron. Time sure does fly by quickly huh?!

Lisa and Mike said...

Awww....what a wonderful getaway!! I love Firehouse too. Best pizza ever. Happy Anniversary! You guys are too cute. By the way, loved the memory you put on my blog about Mike and I! I would've never remembered something like that, so its fun to hear!

Aloha_Misty said...

Becky HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Which B&B did you stay at? Greg and I have one we just LOVE in Manti. The lady who runs it is as old as the hills but she was so nice! We would go back...but how romantic is a night out with 3 kids???

Shanna said...

That must have been a very fun anniversary weekend! So glad you guys were able to see the Huff's- they're awesome! :) Happy One Year anniversary!

Sarah said...

Very cool way to spend your 1st anniversary! FIREHOUSE Is SOOO flippin good. Especially the Pazooki dessert (however you spell it. The B&B looks so fun!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!!!

Christiansen's said...

I can't believe you have been married for a year that really did fly by SO FAST! What a fun anniversary, I love how he planned everything so far in advance. LOVE the hotel room, I love when they are homey like that, this summer when we went to the Homestead in Heber the room we had had the same feeling which I LOVED! Happy Anniversary!

Kristen Moss said...

Cool. I wish my hubby liked to plan things. he is one of those men who is cool with anything so he doesnt really plan things. were working on it. ;)

Anywho. the links work now, I think. Good luck. Pizza dough was AMAZING!!!

Jason and Angela said...

Happy Anniversary!! That sounds so fun! You guys are so cute!

LeBaron Family said...

Congrats on a year! Yeah!
What a fun way to celebrate!!

The Judd Family said...

Happy Anniversary! That is awesome! Time sure flies. It sounds like you had a good time. That is awesome that you met with the Huffs. I sure miss all our Nauvoo teachers. Keep having fun together.

Suz said...

I'm so glad you got Aaron--or was it Aaron that got you??? I have such great memories of being with you and the fam for your wedding.

Sarah W. said...

Happy anniversary cute girl! I'm jealous that you got to see Brother Huff!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I know I'm behind the times, but I got behind in my reading. Your anniversary date sounds perfect. I didn't know you were in my neck of the woods! How fun. :)

The Barlows said...

Happy Anniversary! It looked like a fantastic get away! What a great hubby you have. Being married is great ha? :)

Deann said...

What an awesome way to celebrate! He's a pretty creative hubby. Congrats to both of you and wishes for many more!