Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home Improvement

I used to love that show back in the day!

Anyway, we've had a couple exciting improvements at our little abode that have made me pretty giddy!

1. Thonet Bentwood Rocker.

I found this beauty at a garage sale for $10 a couple months back and couldn't resist. The only problem with it is that it creaked with every rock. After about an hour of adjusting screws, it doesn't creak anymore! I was stoked! I still find myself going over to sit in it every day just to check and make sure I am not imagining that it doesn't creak. :)

2. Wall Hooks

Our apartment has no closets, no shelves, no storage whatsoever. We've dealt with it well enough but when we were up in Logan I saw some some hooks on a wall and I was inspired. It's kinda lame always having jackets draped all over stuff, so I found these little hooks and installed them just inside our doorway. I love them!

3. Armoire
Like I said, we have no storage. Therefore, this is what my 'craft spot' looked like.

And then a previous roomie announced she was moving and selling some of her furniture. I jumped at the offer and was able to get an armoire at a ridiculously good price. It did require a bit of fixing but I was so up for that!

And here is the craft area now! Oh so clean and friendly. Love it!

Small things like this make me pretty excited. It's so fun to have small things that make such a huge improvement!

13 comments:

Jessie said...

I love such simple solutions, too! I love the feeling of accomplishing something that's been nagging at me for a while. I've been wanting to put hooks up for jackets for a long time, but they need to go in an area that totally needs to be redone, and I'm just not up for a total stair renovation right now... that is not a simple solution. :)

*Liese said...

I love that show too!!! (Which is why we own every season...) I love the armoire you've refashioned.

Sarah said...

AMEN TO THAT!!! I love Home Improvement the show too :)

Amy said...

Good for you! Organization is amazing!

Angie said...

I love getting new furniture. And I have to admit there is no better feeling than organizing something. I definitely take after my mom!

delore said...

Lucky for me, my "craft area" came with built in cupboards. (Hint--it's my kitchen, because my sort of crafts are the edible kind!) Good job on your home improvements. The rocker demands a name, like Josephine or something...don't you think?

delore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
delore said...

Yeah, that was dorky me posting my comment twice. Durn these electronic contraptions, they's outa getcha!

LeBaron Family said...

How wonderful! My mom used to have a rocker just like that! I've been on the hunt to find one for my home but haven't been able to!
Awesome finds girl!

TheNuttalls said...

Congrats on your new findings for your place. Isn't it so much fun living in small places? Trust me I know. You are amazing.

Kristen Moss said...

Cool. I love buying furniture. I love all of it.

Matthew and Hillary said...

No storage is always such a bummer! That's pretty awesome about the armoir especially!!

The Judd Family said...

I love the new things you got! We just got some new pillows at Wal Mart to go on our recently new couches and I have been so excited about them. I agree with how much small things can make such a big difference. To answer your question in my last post, no we didn't get anything, but Chris shot at a pretty big buck and missed. It was still a lot of fun. I just love being in the outdoors.