Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Small Trip

Last weekend we randomly were able to go to Denver to see Aaron's fam!

How it happened: State Cross-Country was supposed to be the week before. Although Aaron had REALLY wanted to go, he had tests the following week, so playing in Denver was definitely not an option! What happened? Denver got like 18" of snow so they pushed it to the next weekend, right after all his tests would be over! What are the odds!!!??

We flew out Friday night and his fam picked us up. The whole thing was a surprise for his little bro who was running in the meet. The meet was Sat morn in a big field. They all ran for 5K. Ryan ended up coming in in the 30's out of over 100 peeps and shaved a minute off of last years time. Not too shabby. I (surprisingly!) didn't take many pics at all.

Here is the beginning of the race. I really liked the bunting (is that what it's called) that lined the path. So festive. :)

And there is Ryan! We were able to find a spot where we could see him like five different times during the race.

Other than that we ate, we chatted, and we played games. It's always great to be with fam and it always goes so quickly.

I do have a small, gross story to share. :) On the flight there, we were on a tiny, tiny plane. We got over the mountains and hit MAJOR turbulence for quite a few minutes. And I got to use a barf bag. :) One thing off my bucket list!

11 comments:

*Liese said...

Is it weird that I find it awesome you finally got to use the barf bag the way it was intended??

Josh.Megs.Abigail said...

oh girl i'm sorry; i hope you weren't sick for long. it's awesome you were able to go on a random trip to denver though! i really like denver, especially for my tennis game! ha. (the altitude is wonderful for the speed of the ball.)

Mike and Lisa said...

Haha-I still have yet to use a barf bag. Never say never right?!

Mandy Torgrimson said...

That is gross...not sure it's something I want on my own bucket list....

The Judd Family said...

Oh man that sucks you got sick on the ride home. Yuck, I hate throwing up. It sounds like you had a good time. I would have loved to watch that 5K. It looked pretty cool.

Matthew and Hillary said...

Oh Becky, you crack me up all the time. Glad you could make it out for the meet!

Tannie Datwyler said...

That's a fun quick trip! The barf bag.... not so fun.

Rachel said...

You're not alone on the barf bag. No fun.

Also, the post on cleaning is fantastic. I have heard about cleaning with vinegar before, but haven't tried it yet. After reading your post I may be converted....

LeBaron Family said...

Oh Bertha! You make me laugh so hard sometimes! I've almost needed to use the barf bag a few times. I sort of feel your pain!

What a fun little trip!

Cami and Mitch said...

Hey I loved your post about the cleaning and about the food storage containers. You are so creative and resourceful-i love it!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hehehe - no I'm not pregnant. There'd be a full blown sonogram up if I were. :)