Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Day of Thanks

We spent the Thanksgiving Weekend in a tiny city called La Jara with Aaron's family. All-in-all it was a relaxing break.
I got a kick out of all the small towns we drove through on our way there. This is at a gas station in Gunnison, CO. Yes, that garbage can is wrapped up. :) And yes, there is tinsel on the gas tubes!

This side of the family is quite blessed with boys! They spent time hauling hay and grain,

playing paintball,


and, of course, EATING!


And my goodness, they sure know how to eat!!! Thanksgiving Dinner included a turkey, ham, pork roast, twice-baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, rolls, shrimp, three different kinds of veggies, two different kinds of fruit salads... and that's all I can remember right now. NO ONE went back for seconds!! Farmers know how to cook! I enjoyed spending time with this side of the fam and getting to know them. Oh and of course we also enjoyed a good win from the Y!

Our trip home started snowy and icy (and gorgeous), but it cleared up very quickly. (This is the top of Chimney Rock near Aaron's hometown--I'm pretty sure I've posted pics of it before. The clouds were doing some pretty awesome stuff!)

We stopped at Wilson's Arch near Monticello and walked up to it to give our legs a rest!


Good times! The holidays are here!!!

7 comments:

*Liese said...

Yay for the holidays! I can't even believe how much food you guys prepared; that's so awesome! It sounds amazing.

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great time! SO MUCH FOOD!! And yes -- if you can justify the $$$, the buffet is SO worth it. I have never had such tender, juicy, succulent meat in my life. I had 3 cuts of it I couldn't get enough. And the dessert table is HUGE. There is just so much food and you can't stop eating. We felt like rolling out of there. :)

Matthew and Hillary said...

Wow! What a meal!

The Judd Family said...

Super fun! I love the Holidays as well. Being with family is a blast.

Josh.Megs.Abigail said...

that amount of food is awesome!!! I think we should join you next time! haha.

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Looks like you two had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays!

Emily said...

LOVE the wrapped up garbage can. What some people will do to celebrate... it's awesome!