Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nested

I knew we needed a dresser for the baby and would have liked to have had a bookshelf and changing table, but decided the dresser was all we would end up getting because of our lack of space. One day I was checking out ksl.com and saw this beauty come up. I couldn’t believe it. A changing table, dresser, and bookshelf all in one!!! And the price was ridiculously good. And it is in near-perfect shape. We feel super lucky and really like it. So here is our baby spaced all nested and ready to go! I've washed the newborn clothes and they are anxiously sitting in the drawer awaiting a little girl to wear them!


Also, you'll see a couple more of my sewing projects in there. I had a little pad that I decided to make into changing table pad so I made a little cover for it with a monkey pattern on it. And I wanted a boppy but couldn't bring myself to pay for one so I asked for one on freecycle (thank you Evelyn for teaching me about it!) and a woman offered hers. It looked like the below picture (it was quite dirty) but I washed it and made a new cover for it too. (not animals though, surprisingly!)


Obviously our baby didn't come last Sunday like I told her she could but it's fine; she can come on her own time! We'll see if she listens to Aaron... he told her to come next Monday. We haven't hit the "angry at the world" stage yet, we're just ready to have her safely and hold her and see what she looks like!

15 comments:

Kristen Moss said...

GREAT. I love your changing table book shelf thing. It is fantastic. I am super jealous that you are ready to go. As you can see from my post, I am ready to be done. But having a two year old really makes this stage of pregnancy a pain in the rear. Enjoy your last few days of having aaron to yourself.


It will be great. I am so excited for you!

Mary said...

Yes! Gotta love KSL.com, that is one great find! I have to say I am very impressed with the nursery space. So any day now? I'm so excited for you! I hope she comes sooner than later. . .

Julie said...

You are so crafty! And I love that desk/changing table thing. It is so cute!

Angie said...

We all hope, for our sakes, that you don't have to hit the "angry at the world" phase. Believe me. :)

Christiansen's said...

So cute. I love preparing for a baby. I love all your craftiness.

Annie-Staten said...

What is freecycle?

MH. lovely by m said...

that shelf is awesome i've never seen one like that...and yes boppy's are way too expensive and so way to go on finding one elsewhere. i got mine at a yard sale and did the same re-covering thing. p.s. take it to the hospital with you. my sis-in-law gave me the idea and it's nice for placing your baby in it to lay by.

Angie Meyers said...

Looks like you are all ready!! I love how crafty you are! I am excited to see pictures of your sweet baby girl!!

Mandy Torgrimson said...

We are excited to hear about the new addition when she arrives! Hope everything goes well.

seanandnataliekowallis said...

Good luck! I hit my "angry at the world" stage 4 days before Sophia was born- it was hot, and she was HUGE... then she came 3 days late. It looks like you guys are all ready to enter the "parent-hood". It's wonderful! Good luck!

Deann said...

awesome find!! Furniture like that is great, it can be used way after the baby stage :) Nice job with the sewing, the boppy is an absolute MUST HAVE. LOL Glad you found one! Sounds like you've still got time :) Haven't heard any "will this baby ever come?!" stuff yet. lol

WX Ences said...

Love it! I am sorry for being a slacker on the diaper bag pattern...it's coming. Maybe that's what the baby is waiting for...I'll get on that a little quicker then.

Gina said...

Becky you won on Dang Gina! I need you to email by Friday to get your carrier!

dang.gina.gives@gmail.com!

Emily said...

How fun Becky! I love your 3 in one changing table! xoxo

JDELL'S said...

YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHO I RAN INTO AT KINKOS THIS WEEKEND!! This might put you into labor! TOBIAS!!! I was making booklets for Clark for his church history tour and Toby comes in with this guy and I totally recognized him but he didn't recognize me. He came over though and sorta looked at me and the booklets and was like "JEN!" Guess what he had his computer though so I got all his pictures from the trip! HA HA SUCKER! The punk it's only been 3 years now! I will send you a disk, email me your mailing address jimmyandjenlindell@gmail.com
I can't wait to see your Mini You! LOVE JEN