Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blessing Day

It has been a month, but things have been bizzay! Between working and school and moving on short notice to a wonderful house (pictures to come) and having had a terrible internet connection at our apartment, I am finally posting. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on all of your blogs and my posts will be more common now. :)

Aaron blessed Eliza on September 5th. It was such a wonderful and special day!
Aaron and I both wanted to keep the blessing small so we only had our immediate families and one set of great-grandparents there. Her dad, grandpas, an uncle from each side, and her great-grandpa were in the circle. We really enjoyed it.
I made her little dress and I thought it turned out beautiful. It is silk and cost $15. Not too shabby! I saw a picture on The Lazy Organizer (I think) that gave me the idea for the look and then I just took some of her clothes and made a pattern off of them. I feel really blessed that I was able to make it; it made me happy.
I know that these pictures are a bit overkill, but I might as well just post them instead of stressing over which ones to delete. :)



Great Grandpa Jack


Uncle Ryan


Favorite Uncle Dan (I swear she has a crush on him!)


(You can see Dan's head at the bottom... he was trying to get her to smile and then ducking!)

Great Grandma Donna


21 comments:

Andrea J said...

Lucky you to have so many priesthood holders to select from! Eliza looks lovely, and tall. I'm very impressed with your mad sewing skills, Eliza looks adorable in your beautiful dress.

DaNae said...

The dress is beautiful! What a special day.

DaNae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Aliese* said...

Eliza's dress turned out beautiful!! You definitely did a good job.

Lee and Marie said...

Hello TALENT!!! That dress is beautiful! Good work :) Eliza is beautiful! I bet you are such an amazing mommy :)

clay and jordan said...

Where to even begin?! Okay, the dress is beautiful. Keep it forever. You might need to give me sewing lessons someday when I finally break down and get a machine. You've got the skills, girl!

Also, you loook terrific and so happy. I love it. Your little family of three is darling!

And Eliza. Oh my goodness. She's SUCH a cutie! That smile kills me. I want to hold her and give her lots and lots of kisses. Ah if only.

Jessie said...

Such a beautiful dress on such a beautiful baby! Way to go, Becky. She is just adorable.

Josh.Meagan.Abigail said...

I think private small "ceremonies" are the way to go :) did you do it at your new home?
The dress really is beautiful, you did an awesome job! And your family is adorable:)
Also, has anyone told Aaron that he looks like Moses on 'The Prince of Egypt'? haha.

Sarah said...

She's beautiful! That's awesome you made her dress!

Matthew and Hillary said...

Seriously drooling over the cute dress. Ah! I want a girl to dress in bows! LOVE the little shoes, too. And when was she allowed to get so much bigger? I love the picture in the middle of your little family! I miss you guys. And yes, I want house pics!

The Judd Family said...

Such a beautiful baby girl! The dress looks so cute on her.

Gary and Alycia said...

Wow I am super impressed with your sewing skills! She looks so beautiful. What a cute cute family!!!

Melody said...

Beautiful dress!!!

Deann said...

that's so awesome, what a wonderful day! Nice job on the dress!

QuinnerTheWinner and AnnieBannanie said...

What a lovely family! Beautiful baby Becks, good work!

Angie said...

Great work on the dress! She looks adorable!

Mike and Lisa said...

Beautiful blessing dress! Holy cow! Will you come make one for my baby girl?!?

Meg said...

She's getting so big! And you did such a great job on her dress- it is beautiful! I'm amazed with your sewing skills!

LeBaron Family said...

Such a cute and pretty little dress you made her! That's awesome Bec!
I'm glad that you are busy and life is good to you!

Mandy Torgrimson said...

Precious! The dress turned out great. You are amazing!

Emily said...

Love the great grandparents' expressions!