Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Aquarium

I asked Aaron to take me to The Living Planet Aquarium for my Christmas present. So we headed there a couple weeks ago.
Our friends called a few minutes before we were leaving and asked if we could tend their son and we said sure and took him along!

The Aquarium was... okay. There were some really cool fishies, but it is WAY overpriced. Luckily if you mention Facebook you get $2 off so that made me feel better about it.
To be honest though, I'm spoiled. I've been to real aquariums in much bigger cities. As in like tanks as big as rooms that you walk through the middle of. So for Utah, it was as good aquarium and it was fun to see, but it IS really small for the price.

Anyway! The kids were perfect and just looked around. Here is Little E saying, "Gosh piranhas are the lamest."
Here I am touching the sting rays. The only reason I did it was because I saw a sink nearby. I went to wash my hand and found out there was no soap. In other words, I would not have put my hand in the cesspool of germs because who wants to touch babies after touching sting rays?! Gross!
We were really surprised to see that we had walked through the whole thing in like 30 min.... so we went back and did it all over again to make sure we got our money's worth. :)
Here is the biggest tank with the turtle who survived a fabulous shark attack!
And then a shark went behind them too so I had to get a pic of that too!
It was a fun little outing! We were happy to take Ethan along!

9 comments:

Annie-Staten said...

She is just soooo cute! I love her face in the stroller pic with the fish behind. :)

Matthew and Hillary said...

30 minutes? Oh boy. Yes now that I've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the one on the pier in San Francisco, other ones would have a hard time comparing. It would be nice to have one a little closer to home, though!

Barfuss Family said...

I have to agree that the Monterey aquarium is the best I have been to. come out and visit me Becky and we can go!

Deann said...

I've always wondered if that place was any better since they left Gateway.. Sounds like not much! Looks like a fun outing anyway though :)

Meg said...

I looked into going there too and thought it was way overpriced. I'm glad to hear it isn't really worth the price. Glad you had fun though!

Angela and Jason said...

What good friends you are! Well at least you went and did instead of wondering forever :) life is trial and error, but at least you had fun together! You guys are so cute!

Meredith said...

I agree. It is totally not worth the $$, which is why the way to go is a year membership. I think it's like $20 or something. If you go at least 3 times in a year, you make up for the cost. I got a membership for me because it's a great place to take Lyric (FREE!) to walk around on these cold winter days!

Suz said...

Best aquarium in the world that I've seen is the Oceanario in Lisbon, Portugal. It has a million gallon tank that spans two stories that you walk around, under and through--plus much, much more. The cost to get there is the real killer.

kate said...

haha!! becky! i can totally hear you saying "gosh, piranhas are the lamest." that made me laugh out loud. yeah, i agree that the aquarium is teeny and overpriced. i don't think little kids really notice or care though---i took my niece and nephew and they loved it. i love reading your blog updates. eliza is such a cutie!
thanks for always leaving comments on my blog. they make my day!