Saturday, April 16, 2011

Project: Mummy Bag

Remember this little sleep sack (or mummy bag as Aaron prefers to call it)? Well, she outgrew it. But I LOVED it. I am so nervous about having her sleep with blankets so it has been such a good solution for us. So I made a new, longer one. I just traced the other one onto paper, added an inch width and added a foot in length. And it works perfectly. And for $5. Woot!
Originally I was thinking I should do gender neutral so we could use it for a boy too, but now I kinda wish I would have picked a girlier color. Oh well! I think she looks like one of the peas in the pod from Toy Story 3. :)

And here she is. Whining in all her glory. She does a lot of that. :)Is it lame that all I post about are things that I sew?! I find that it's my outlet.

Life here is pretty routine. Work and school over and over. Eliza is close to crawling, but isn't there yet. (And we don't approve of such behavior so we aren't encouraging her!) :) Aaron finishes another semester this week. It's been such a hard semester. (okay, hard 4+ semesters...) He'll be taking spring and summer terms too but with a lighter work load before going back for his last two semesters (unless he decides to continue on for a PhD...). So hopefully we'll be able to have some fun this summer and get outdoors! We're hoping to go on our first family vacation too so I'll let you know how that goes!!! :) I hope warm weather comes all of our ways soon!

10 comments:

Matthew and Hillary said...

Way to go! I need to learn how to sew better. Have a blast on your family vacation!

Andrea J said...

That is a lovely solution. And good luck to you all with the PhD decision, that's a tough one.

Andrea J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I love all of your sewing projects! Keep them coming! This is a great one. We had one of those for Kate and loved it!

Jessie said...

I'm a big fan of all your posts, sewing included. Of course, that could be because of my own affinity for the needle and thread, but still... keep 'em coming!

Gage said...

You are a great sewer. I would have just been like "darn, my kid grew out of it". I wouldn't have thought to make one of my own.

*Aliese* said...

She does look like a little pea! Such a cutie. I enjoy the sewing posts; it inspires me to be more crafty. :)

Angie said...

Ayzha used one of those in Germany... it was a lifesaver in that cold weather and cold house! I always wondered why they weren't more readily available

Mike and Lisa said...

You are so inventive!!

In answer to your question on my blog: we never found out where the kid found Mike's ring. The parents just said they found him holding it and they didn't know where it came from.

kate said...

you're a genius becky. and it's NOT LAME that you post about sewing projects!! keep them coming!! it really makes me wish i could sew. i get nervous with blankets too, so what a great idea!