Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Berry Picker

We have a lot of raspberries where we live.  As in we pick 6+ cups every other day.  Yes, a LOT of raspberries.  And a lot of deliciousness.

Eliza has watched us for months and last week it all clicked and I looked down to see her picking one and putting it in her mouth.  I melted and ran to get the camera. 

It is ADORABLE.  See for yourself.

video

*Disclaimers:  I do not normally put two clips in her hair.  I had found one on the floor and didn't want to lose it so I just put it in her hair.  :)  Oh and yes, I know I sound like an idiot.  :)

I think her great-grandpa who planted these (and who her middle name is after) would be quite tickled and proud.

9 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

You have NOOOO idea how much I wish I could grow raspberries here! California summers are too brutal on those delicate bushes. I'm SOOOO coming to visit you next summer every day! Or maybe...every other day

Jessie said...

That is so, so cute. :) I love the part where she steals a whole handful, and then when you say "one at a time" she gives you a glare. :) What a cute girl, so full of personality already.

Julie said...

She is so cute! Those curls are precious!

*Aliese* said...

I'm totally jealous you have so many raspberries at your disposal! YUM. Fresh raspberries are definitely one of my very favorite treats ever. And I love when Eliza goes digging through the bowl because she's plucked the plant clean.

LeBaron Family said...

So cute! I love how when she finds the stash she grabs a handful and shoves it into her mouth! So cute!

"DRAW NEARER TO HEAVEN IN 2011" said...

I can see why your heart melted! Mine just did! I love when she found the stash, too! Awesome!

Deann said...

oh my..cuteness! I LOVE the handful!! And that is also why I have no raspberries for ME. Imagine 3 kids (some much bigger than Eliza) who play in a backyard with raspberry bushes in the garden..lol

Meg said...

oh i'm so jealous...i love raspberries! and she is adorable, i loved when she realized she could grab a handful at once from the bowl haha smart girl!

Emily said...

soooo cute! yay for raspberries!