Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Fun!

We had a fun Easter.  Eliza has loved the eggs and bunnies and chicks and all the other Easter things.  She's really taken to bunnies and calls them Hoppa (hop with an a at the end). :)

My mom told me that there was going to be an egg hunt at my grandma's care center so I prepared her for weeks in advance!  I made cardboard cutouts of children picking up eggs and taught her to knock them down and I taught her how to use a plastic bat to trip people.  Just kidding.  :)

The Easter Bunny was at the hunt and she wouldn't really touch him, but she wasn't nearly as freaked out as I thought she'd be.  She just kept pointing at him and saying HOPPA!  He did not hop for her though, unfortunately!
 
The hunt had seven eggs for each child (you had to find the eggs with your number on them), but E is too young to understand that and was just so excited to pick the eggs up.  Whenever she'd get occupied with something else, I'd dump the eggs back out.
She went to get an egg behind a bush and found a live duck!!!  She was really excited and was saying "quack quack" and before I knew it she touched the duck.  The duck kinda jumped which revealed that it was sitting on a nest of eggs!  I was so grateful the duck didn't bite her!  Eliza watched the duck for a good five minutes... I think she kept thinking she needed to get those eggs!  It was super fun to go to the hunt. 

Sunday morning we put the eggs in a trail leading to a thing of bubbles.  She opened one and found a white chocolate chip and quickly went to the next one to see if there was one in it too!  (White chocolate chips are pretty much the only sugar thing she'll eat.  I'm definitely not complaining... I'm sure some day that will change!!)

My mom got her this cute purple dress and she looked so sweet in it!  She is very much at a "hate the camera" stage so getting a picture of her smiling and looking at the camera is next to impossible!


My parents hid some eggs for her to find and she just thinks it is such a fun game!  (She asks me multiple times each day to play with the eggs.  She watches me put them around the room and then picks them up.  I told her to hide the eggs once and it was cute to watch her put them back exactly where I had put them earlier.)  At my parents, I took one of the eggs out of her basket to eat the candy and seriously offended her.  :)  Oh little girl... you just wait until your little sister comes and takes all your stuff in a couple months!!
Other updates: We are not sure when we'll be going to Albuquerque.  And Aaron graduates in a week!

6 comments:

Andrea J said...

Is Eliza at the stage where she adds "a" to the end of most words? She's darling either way!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Cute pictures!! I love the story about the real life eggs - that's something to remember!!

The Judd Family said...

Oh that is hilarious! Eliza is such a cutie! I loved the story about the duck with her eggs. That is pretty cool. Seems like you had a great Easter. I hope you are feeling well. Miss ya tons!

Meredith said...

She is so cute! That's cool you guys saw a real duck with real eggs on your egg hunt. Awesome!

Aloha_Misty said...

Eliza is so cute! I still haven't met her yet! Will you still be in Utah the last week of May? Greg and I will be in town and would love to see you. I know your nearing the end of your pregnancy but I cannot remember the exact date.

Chellie said...

Fun Easter pics! Love them! And Becky you look so good! Congrats on Aaron's graduation!