Monday, April 23, 2012

Graduation!

Aaron graduated with his Master of Accountancy from Brigham Young University!
Thursday was the big ceremony with all 5,994 graduates.  The Masters students got to walk in single file which I thought was awesome.  Our seats ended up being right where he walked in too!
 
It was pretty short, which was wonderful.  :)  Elder Dallin Oaks spoke which was a treat!
 
My mom stayed home with Eliza for this ceremony and judging by the way she acted Friday, it was probably for the better!

 He posed for me.  :)  (He's going to freak out when he sees that I posted all these pics of him.)  :)
 Here is Aaron's family who came.
Friday was the Marriott School's graduation where they read the names.  We again had fabulous seats which I was SO happy about!  Here he is coming in!
He sat on the front row, second person from the left.
Here he is getting his name read.
 We ended up leaving early and I was so grateful because it ended up going for a couple more hours.  Eliza was... difficult, to put it nicely.
I was really hoping to get some good pictures, but Eliza refused to be with anyone but me, but I can't carry her so all the pictures turned out like this...

Luckily walking across campus calmed her down and we did get this picture which I was happy with.  :)

Here we are with my parents.

We had a lot of screaming the rest of the day from Eliza, but she was really good that night which we were grateful for.  We had a dinner that night at our place for both of our families and my brother caught this adorable picture of her.

My sister made Aaron an ice cream cake, at his request.
We are so grateful for the support from our families and were so glad to have those who could celebrate with us.

I think it's still setting in that it happened!  We've never gone more than a few weeks without school for all of our married life so we'll see if we hit a mid-life crisis or something.  Ha!   He now has to study and pass all the CPA exams to be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant, so I guess we're not completely out of the groove yet!  
It seems so crazy to us that when we got married, he was still trying to figure out a major.  We are grateful for the promptings that led to the Accounting Program because it was never even an option at the beginning.  I definitely teared up to see him walk in in his hood and when he stood up and clapped for me.  He techinically did all the homework and testing and such, but we paid for it together and I tried my best to support him so it feels like our achievement together. He/We did it!!!

7 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is very exciting, and wonderful :) Gosh I can't wait for both of us to be there! :)
Good luck with all the CPA testing!!

Jessie said...

Congratulations, to you both!! That is such a huge accomplishment--I'm so happy for you. And excited to see where you go next!

Chellie said...

I'm so excited for you two! Congrats! Ps your cute pregnant belly looks so tiny still but I'm sure it doesn't feel that way!

*Aliese* said...

YAY!! Such a great accomplishment. :)

Candice said...

That is awesome! I'm sure you guys are so happy to be done! I hope the CPA testing goes well for him.

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful accomplishment for all :)

jenna marie said...

congrats grad! I just followed you back to your blog and so glad I did. It's fun getting a glimpse into your life. Thanks for letting me snoop about =)