Monday, August 13, 2012

Project: Quiet Book

I've always wanted to make a Quiet Book.  And not a lift-the-flap one.  I'm talking the Mother of all Quiet Books!  And I did.  I worked on it for over a year and still have a few more pages I'd like to make, but here is what I've done.  This is, by far, my favorite project I've done.  It was SO fun!  I got most of my ideas from homemadebyjill and the links she listed and then just googling pictures of Quiet Books and then some by finding something fun at JoAnn that I wanted to use so I made it up.  I hope you think it is as cool as I do... and if you don't, don't burst my bubble.  :)
I was going to tell you what they all are, but I think they are pretty self-explanatory... so I won't.  If you have a question though, feel free to leave a comment and I'll answer it!















 (the colored button one was my favorite... I think it's super fun and adorable)
 


Don't you wish you could come to church with me?  :)

20 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Awesome job, Becky!!! Seriously. I love it! Way better then ones you can buy, in my opinion. I've always thought these would be fun to do, myself. A friend of mine ended up making Abigail and Mailie one each, so I am good to go, but otherwise, I'd be asking you to make one for me! ha.

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness, that's amazing, Becky! I've always wanted to make one for my girls, and have even gone so far as to plan out which pages I wanted to do... but a few months ago, we decided to just take paper and pencils to church, in an effort to get our girls to stop fighting over every.single.dang.thing. we brought to church with us, and since that has been working out, I don't see myself going back to bringing things like quiet books. Makes me a little bit sad, because yours looks like SO much fun! Great work!!

*Aliese* said...

Love, love, love it! Way to go. I especially love the belt/buckle page!

Andrea J said...

Wow! That's an amazing book! The life span on something so well done as that is LONG, I bet my 7 year old would still want to do that at church. Congrats!

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

That is the most amazing quiet book I've ever seen. You are my hero. Seriously though, I wish I could sew and craft like that. It looks incredible!

Mike and Lisa said...

I am in awe!!!! Absolutely darling!! This would seriously occupy hours of my kids time.

Greg and Nancy said...

That is amazing!! I'm seriously impressed with your quiet book crafting skills. There are definitely Sundays when I wish *I* had something like that to keep me entertained!! ;)

Julie said...

This is so adorable and SO MUCH WORK!!!

Sarah said...

That's awesome! E will be entertained for hours.

The Williamsons said...

Wow! I love it. So cute! Good job!

Gage said...

holy cow that is awesome. I think I should send my kids to church with you. :)

Sarah W. said...

Ummm... This is AWESOME and I totally want one for myself!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow so fun! I've had quiet book ideas in my head and looked at a bunch of stuff...now I really need to do it! The only one I didn't get was the one next to the barn? Gooooooood job my friend!

BECKY said...

The barn one... some are little finger puppets. I hope to make more.

The Hamblin's said...

There's not a meeting long enough to run out of things to do :) SO cute!!

Kim said...

You're amazing!!! This book is awesome and I want one for myself!!!

jenna marie said...

Dude. Becky! You're a creative genius!!

BECKY said...

I just re-read your comment Hil... You said NEXT to the barn...
They are little beads. And shoelaces. S you make necklaces. :)

BECKY said...

So, not s....

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Haha, anks for the clarification! :)