Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grandma

My grandma passed away last week.  We rejoiced.  She has suffered so much over these past years with her memory loss.  I am thrilled she is out of pain and I am thrilled she is with my grandpa.
Some of my favorite memories of her are having them coming over on Christmas morning to give us each a box of cookies, going to her home every General Conference for the day, hearing her get all uptight when we told her we were going to 'raid her pantry', and hearing her say "go warsh your hands"!  I look forward to meeting her again.
She passed away they day we moved to Albuquerque (yes, we're here!) and I was so grateful to fly back to go to her funeral.

1925 ~ 2012
Florence Poulsen Greenland, 87, passed away Saturday, September 1, 2012 in Taylorsville, Utah. She was born May 21, 1925 in Salt Lake City, Utah to George and Ellen (Rasmussen) Poulsen. She graduated from East High School. She was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She served in the Southern States Mission where she met C. Merrill Greenland. They were married September 26, 1949 in the Salt Lake Temple.
Florence had a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She served as a Sunday School gospel doctrine teacher for many years and spent countless hours studying for her lessons. She also served in the Primary and Relief Society.
Florence had a beautiful soprano voice and played the violin. She shared her musical talents as a chorister and choir director. Florence worked at the Presiding Bishop's Office (PBO) as a comptometer operator before and after her mission. She loved planning parties and gatherings for family, friends and neighbors.
She is survived by her daughters, Suzanne (Wayne) and Marjorie (Mark); son, Douglas (Cindy); 16 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and her brother, Jesse. She was preceded in death by her husband; her sisters, Geneve, Ruth and Virginia; and her brother, George.
The family wishes to thank the wonderful staff at Legacy Village Memory Care for their kind and compassionate care of our mother.

6 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Usually I would say I am sorry for your loss, but, in these circumstances, I too am happy for her:) I am happy you were able to go to her funeral. Sad we didn't get to meet up!
And, "warsh"!!! love. I've heard that word from many small town Idahoans. ha.
I hope all is going well in Albuquerque!!!

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but so happy she can finally go home. You look so much like your Grandma-that picture of her when she was younger totally looks like you.

Greg and Nancy said...

I know what you mean about rejoicing; that's the way we felt when my grandma passed away over the summer. We miss her, but she's so much happier, so we can't be too sad about it. I'm glad you were able to make it back for the funeral. And I love the "warsh" comment -- sounds just like a grandma. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Sounds like a wonderful lady. I'm glad she gets to be with her husband, too! I LOVE the picture of her when she was young.

The Williamsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Williamsons said...

Sorry for your loss, but I'm grateful she's no longer suffering and is with her husband once again. :)