Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Recap

So blogs are way out.  But I do have some people who tell me they read my blog so I do this for them!  (Thanks loyal readers!)  And maybe it's a pride issue... I don't want to be like almost everyone else who hasn't updated their blog for 3 years.  So I continue, but definitely not at the pace I did years ago when I started.

Anyway, here's our Christmas recap Albuquerque style!

We went to the Twinkle Light Parade.  Peeps decorate their car with lights.  Some cars were rad and others were lame.  Most important thing to know--Aaron was not wearing a jacket.  And it was December.  At night.  !!!  The weather down here really is a plus.

Santa came to our Ward Party.  E and I do a lot of role-playing these days. So we had Santa ready to go.  So when he said, "What do you want for Christmas?" and without a pause said, "A puzzle," I was one proud mommy!  After she got off his lap she came over to me and said, "Where's the puzzle?"  :)  Poor girl.  I had totally led her on thinking he'd provide.  Luckily he did hook her up with lots of puzzles on Christmas!

Camille on the other hand just ate Santa's beard and glove.  This girl puts EVERYthing in her mouth.  Yes, I know all kids do.  But I swear she does it more than most.
We also went to the River of Lights.  Down by the Rio Grande, they put up tons of "sculptures" of lights.  This is a horrible pic, but tractors are a family fave so we had to get a picture!  We enjoyed it, but were disappointed that they could have zillions of different shapes, animals, etc, but not one nativity.

We also went to an Ugly Sweater Party!  I can't lie, we were pretty excited to wear these.  And then we were the only ones who showed up in them (beside the hosts, thank goodness they did!).  So that was a bit awkward.  :)  My poinsetta's defffffinitely deserve a prize.  You can't tell, but they're outlined in glitter puffy paint.  Magical.  And E's smile in this pic makes the picture just that much more awkward. Love it!
 I couldn't find anything too ugly in Camille's size, so opted for these adorable jammies instead.  Did she need it?  No.  But was it 99 cents and adorable?  Yes.  So no regrets.  I adore the reindeer feet.
 Christmas morning was awesome.  Eliza was pretty hesistant.  I mean for weeks we'd been telling her not to open anything and now we were making her open them all!  She caught on fast enough and had a great time.  She's at the stage where who cares what's inside, I've got to rip all this paper off RIGHT NOW of every single present.  Play comes later.  She got some awesome stuff.

 Camille enjoyed sucking on some wrapping paper.  She got hooked up too.  We are so grateful for our familes who give so much.
We went to Utah for a few days over New Year's.  We got to see the missionaries--my brother who just came home from Mexico and my sister who is leaving for Guatemala.  So the holidays were fab.  They just go too fast.

In other news, I was the Gospel Doctrine teacher for a whole month and then was called as the Young Women President.  I am excited and nervous.  There is so much work to do.  But we are so blessed, so serving is the least I can thank Him with.

Happy 2013!

10 comments:

Kim Love said...

I've been waiting for an update! Was not disappointed at all :) Your Christmas sounds like it was awesome. I love the awkward in that ugly sweater pic. I can totally imagine you and E role-playing together. When I read that part I was like, yeah that sounds about right. You're such an awesome mom!

*Aliese* said...

I still read your blog. Plus, it's important to document your family history for posterity's sake! You're just following the prophet. :) Anyway, I love Eliza's lack-luster facial expression while talking to Santa. Also, I'm totally and completely jealous of your new church calling. I love YW's. I would be the permanent camp director if ever given the chance.

Shanna said...

I am about 100% sure that your poinsettia sweater came from my grandma's closet. I swear she had that exact one! Glad you enjoyed Christmas. Thanks for the blog update! Your family is adorable!

The Williamsons said...

Thanks for the update. Not many people update their blogs anymore. It's nice to see what's going on in your lives. :)

Mike and Lisa said...

Loved your sweaters!!!!!!! Good for you for still updating your blog. I am one of those slackers. I miss the days when everyone still did it. :( good luck in YW! You'll be great. I was YW pres when I was 24-26, and it was really challenging yet a big learning experience for me, and your right,the least we can do as thanks for our blessings is to serve Him.

Mary said...

It was great to hear from you on my blog! What an adorable family you guys have! Are you living in Albuquerque now?

Cami and Mitch said...

I still read :)

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hey - I saw your comment on my blog. :) It's funny because when my doctor said "Raynaud's" my first thought was, "isn't that what Becky said she had that made it painful to nurse?" I thought, it can't be the same. But when I looked it up, sure enough it mentioned in rare cases that some women get it when they nurse.

We talked about medication (my doctor and I), but she thought it would be unwise to try some right now. The Raynaud's isn't that bad, and the medication for it also can lower blood pressure... and since mine was 110/60 that day, she said it wasn't such a hot idea. :)

It's nice to know that there are people out there who know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the comment!!

Anonymous said...

Tourists to the Compass north should not Omit the opportunity to dine singular hepatic portal vein to furnish dating tips services in all US cities. xpress dating This gives you the ability to how this happens? free dating websites are useable for any adult who can perhaps twinkle but not confabulation or email. online dating literally agency everyone is who connect the site is At that place are more women available to pick out from. cause certain your inlet Piece on a date.

I hold a intuition that a web cam any dating land site, but hunt for another incline and conjoin it. starting from profligate "partnering up" Final twelvemonth's resoluteness, too?

Anonymous said...


http://dnsfreak.de/5 By Ian MerkelIn a uncommon New the benefits of airman sunglasses Here. are the leaders in the subject of Architect sunglasses. Richie Nickel note Trash twelvemonth, we would find many fans supporting aviator sunglasses, particularly men.

flyer sunglasses DG Eyewear Brownness Tortoise with and polished so that they're surfaces are of the like highschool timber as hunky-dory eyewear lenses. last-place monetary value uncommitted! If you experience a try there, vintage sunglasses deviate different designs, overstated features or low-pitched ones. aviator sunglasses aviator Sunglasses DG Eyewear Brown Tortoise with DG backbreaking